GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Occasional "POP" from up front of the cabin when blipping throttle. Please Advise.

Default Occasional "POP" from up front of the cabin when blipping throttle. Please Advise.

Occasionally when i rev match a down shift i jab the throttle and sometimes i hear a medium volume (ie. it's definitely heard with the windows down, and more felt than heard with them up) "POP" from forward of the cabin. I've been told its detonation. I originally thought it some sort of backfire. I am on a stock chip and run 93 octane religiously.

I have had the problem before doing any thing to the intake. When i remove the oil cap while the motor runs the engine does not bog down. This is a sign of a vacuum leak that I am unable to resolve after many hours of checking everything. One friend told me that the intake manifold gaskets can go bad. I am not sure, i haven't pulled the intake manifold. Whatever this POPing sound is, i really really want it to go away because it sounds not good.

take a quick looksee and make sure there isn't a vacuum leak down by the icv. my car would pop when the hose blew off (two times). i think your car is backfiring.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."