GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT: She got a Volvo S40 Turbo

Default OT: She got a Volvo S40 Turbo

Took the fiance shopping today at a dealership in New Jersey, looking to get a car over here on the east coast. After browsing shops for about a week, online and in person, we decided to check this place out. They had a nice looking Audi S4 & a Volvo S40. She hopped in both, took for a drive, and liked the S40 better. So the down payment was placed, and we pick that bad boy up tomorrow. Nice car for her, safe too! :-D

A few pics:

Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Nice car! Congrats. I personally like the S4 more though. I just love the smooth revving, and the feeling when the turbo really kicks in. But...they have their problems. The Volvo will be much better reliability wise. Hope she enjoys it!

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Yea, that was one of the thoughts running through my mind. I personally liked the S4 alot. Black w/black leather. But it seemed as if the S4 had a few issues of its own already. Not badly priced though, 1998 $7000 (easily to talk them down to $6200). But with 111k miles.... i dunno...
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

I guess the S4 was wildly more expensive, otherwise how could you let her pick the S40 instead!?!?!??!?!?! Sorry, hope she has many fun motoring miles!

The S4 was quite nice, That's the reason why we went to that dealership, for that car @ that price. But a few things weren't right. Woodgrain looked like it had been sanded down, inspection light was flashing/chiming, engine made a weird noise, windshield had a small crack... But the S40, completely error free, minus 1 cupholder being stuck. :-P

P.S. the S4 was a 1998, the S40 a 2000.

Looks good, I finally got rid of, er...sold my S70 turbo for a paltry $4600

Didn't feel like keeping up with it's issues anymore, great car though. Not a ///BMW.

Good luck with yours!

Jasen I am glad she went with the S40 because I know you'd be bringin that S4 by for repairs and personally S4s are the shittiest cars to work on. To replace turbo seals you need to pull the engine out... uh, no thx

Congrats.

Get a chip on that S40!!!!

Yea, not a bmw... But shouldn't hurt the pocket too much for repairs... has a 1 year warranty on major stuff, engine, tranny, suspension... So not too much else to worry about. Hey, those are the things that's cost me over 10k on my bmw. Wish I had one of those warranties! :-P

Haha! I know right! Now you'll get to work on the volvo. :-D you know, make it up to par... :-D She loves speed as well! So I'll have to treat this ride as my "project". Parts are pretty affordable as well, in comparision to our cars.