GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Zerex G05 + residual Blue = ?

Default Zerex G05 + residual Blue = ?

This is not a coolant thread. I know not to run with scissors, smoke in bed, and that many feel that blue is the only way to go. I'm going with Zerex. It doesn't make me a bad person.

I do have a question though- is Zerex G05 compatible with whatever blue may be residually in the system after a (sort of) flush? I usually don't do the block drain plugs on the m62.

(before you 6cyl guys flame me, the m62 is tough and I dont have a fancy garage: the fluid goes everywhere when you take out the plugs- I like to recapture all of the old stuff and take it to a recycling station and I also have a dog that I don't want licking up spilled coolant from the garage floor)

I drain the rad, refill it with water, run the motor with the heat on full, and repeat until it's kinda clear. My rad holds about 3.5 liters, or about 1/4 of the system. When you undo the voltage regulator cooler line (dont ask: its how you drain an m62 rad with no plug), about 4-5 liters come out.

I did the drain/water refill today 5 full times, then reloaded with Zerex G05. On the last pail of drainage before the refill, I had a bucket pretty clear, with a blue tint, kinda like "tidy bowl" water.

That's ok, right?

tia,

tim
    Last edited by tim; 09-13-2006 at 04:53 PM.
    o/______\o
    (Oo=00=oO)
    []=****=[]

Default I think that was the formula they were using for cold

fusion in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by tim
    This is not a coolant thread. I know not to run with scissors, smoke in bed, and that many feel that blue is the only way to go. I going with Zerex. It doesn't make me a bad person.

I do have a question though- is Zerex G05 compatible with whatever blue may be residually in the system after a (sort of) flush? I usually don't do the block drain plugs on the m62.

(before you 6cyl guys flame me, the m62 is tough and I dont have a fancy garage: the fluid goes everywhere when you take out the plugs- I like to recapture all of the old stuff and take it to a recycling station and I also have a dog that I don't want licking up spilled coolant from the garage floor)

I drain the rad, refill it with water, run the motor with the heat on full, and repeat until it's kinda clear. My rad holds about 3.5 liters, or about 1/4 of the system. When you undo the voltage regulator cooler line (dont ask: its how you drain an m62 rad with no plug), about 4-5 liters come out.

I did the drain/water refill today 5 full times, then reloaded with Zerex G05. On the last pail of drainage before the refill, I had a bucket pretty clear, with a blue tint, kinda like "tidy bowl" water.

That's ok, right?

tia,

tim

That's gotta be worth some horsepower!
    More than a K&N air filter?
    It'll be close
    o/______\o
    (Oo=00=oO)
    []=****=[]