GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keyless Entry Remote Programming

Default Keyless Entry Remote Programming

Hello All:

I have either lost or broken my last two keyless entry remotes in the past few months and am tired of paying $120 for one. I recently have purchased a used one on Ebay with identical numbers on back of remote. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I NEED TO GO ABOUT PROGRAMMING THIS TO WORK ON MY PARTICULAR VEHICLE? I have 1995 BMW 530I Sedan. Thanks for any help!!!

CK

You might get more results if you post this in the BMW E34 Board, this forum is more for comments and questions about the new forum.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickm
    You might get more results if you post this in the BMW E34 Board, this forum is more for comments and questions about the new forum.
    Thanks, new to this format.

Unregistered Guest

Unscrew the back of the remote and take the the small chip out. Take the back seat off and you will find a security control unit on the driver's side. Unscrew the two screws that hold the unit to the car. Flip the control unit up-side-down and you will see a small door. Open it and you will see a small slot for the chip you took out from the remote. Insert the chip (chip side down or printed side up). Press the reset button net to the slot. That's it. Take the chip out and put it back into the remote and it should work!

Quote Originally Posted by bmw530istyle
    Hello All:

I have either lost or broken my last two keyless entry remotes in the past few months and am tired of paying $120 for one. I recently have purchased a used one on Ebay with identical numbers on back of remote. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I NEED TO GO ABOUT PROGRAMMING THIS TO WORK ON MY PARTICULAR VEHICLE? I have 1995 BMW 530I Sedan. Thanks for any help!!!

CK

early alpine alarm units don't do that, you have a chip in the remote and a chip in the box, if it don't have a button it's a early one
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Default Need help w/ remote reprogram

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    early alpine alarm units don't do that, you have a chip in the remote and a chip in the box, if it don't have a button it's a early one
    I believe I have the early alpine alarm as mentioned on my 92 535i. There is no reset button in the alarm module box but there was a prexistent chip when I opened it. I bought a 3 button remote from ebay and it also has a chip in it that I was suppose to reprogram. How do I get them to work togetehr now. I tried to follow instructions like insert key in ignition 1. then place remote chip in alarm module socket, then replace it back in remote, but did not work. Can I use this remote w/ the my existing alarm module????

Default i replyed to your pm

Quote Originally Posted by InfernoM3
    I believe I have the early alpine alarm as mentioned on my 92 535i. There is no reset button in the alarm module box but there was a prexistent chip when I opened it. I bought a 3 button remote from ebay and it also has a chip in it that I was suppose to reprogram. How do I get them to work togetehr now. I tried to follow instructions like insert key in ignition 1. then place remote chip in alarm module socket, then replace it back in remote, but did not work. Can I use this remote w/ the my existing alarm module????
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

did this post get moved??

Quote Originally Posted by rickm
    Former: 95-530iM

Current: 99 GMC Seirra 1500

Default "Early" remotes need matching chips...

There is no way to "program" them. You need to get a set of matching chips (one for the remote and one for the control unit beneath the rear seat). That was the only way I could get the setup in my 92 535i functional again.

Had to go to the stealer and get a chip set.

Bill

Default On Topic

is there a way to program the factory alarm to flash the lights while honking/chirping ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast