Dinan Trans Chip
    93 Octane Gas
    Trans Setting: AD
    Miles 1079
    AVG. MPG from OBC: 17.4
    AVG. MPH: 22.4
    Temp: 70-80 Degrees F
    Driving: Stop/Go; Suburban sprawl

Overall the AD setting works great in this type of driving. No flat spots. Very smooth shifting. You can hardly feel the gear change. The power is always there when and where you need it.

Switched over to S4 Trans. setting this weekend.

I had to run over to Orlando the other day and thought I'd see how the mileage was affected, so I did a point to point MPG run. It was 75 miles each way. After I got on the interstate, I reset the MPG computer to zero. Checked it when I got to my exit. It read 27.5 MPG at 70-80 Mph bumper to bumper. Same reading going back.

I am running S4 around town now. I'll have more figures after a few tankfuls.
    It feels like a lot of fun. I'll go out and do the stoplight Grand Prix today.

I did notice surging at stop lights; felt like the idle rpm was surging just enough to kick in the trans.
    I also have to very deliberately press on the accelerator when starting from a full stop otherwise Ill get that surging feel. I don't know if its caused by the Dinan trans. chip, or a combination of both.

I did experience this again today. I need to press very deliberately (much more so than when in AD) to get the car moving; if I don't, the car surges; feels like the trans. cant decide whether to get in gear or idle. (This is only when in S4)

Comparison with the JC Chip.

The JC opened up the mid and top end of the car's performance when compared to stock. From a dead stop, it would be the mild mannered stock feel, then kick in.

The EAT chip dramatically opened up the engine's entire range so that the power was available at all rpms, all speeds, no matter what driving style. The EAT Chip provides the smoothest and quickest shifting when compared to the JC or stock chip.

Five Stars for ya, Mark!!

I'm still pulling in data for:

AD miles on the highway
    More S4 highway miles
    S4 City miles
    Need to run when the temp is higher than 80 degrees F. So far, it's been Chamber of Commerce weather. 69 degreesF to 79 degrees F.

Question for MarkD:

How low can I go on the octane?

Ramon
    MBXB

Thanks for the feedback Ramon.
    It's been 9 days since Mark mailed my chip from Canada to me in California (SF/Bay Area) and I'm eagerly awaiting for it to get here (I hope it doesn't get lost in the "Black Hole" that Mark mentioned.)
    I will give it a couple more days before I get worried.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    Thanks for the feedback Ramon.
    It's been 9 days since Mark mailed my chip from Canada to me in California (SF/Bay Area) and I'm eagerly awaiting for it to get here (I hope it doesn't get lost in the "Black Hole" that Mark mentioned.)
    I will give it a couple more days before I get worried.

Keith

Hello Keith,

please email as soon as it arrives. I don't understand where the chips are going.

Thanks

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    Hello Keith,

please email as soon as it arrives. I don't understand where the chips are going.

Thanks

Mark
    Not today either, 10 days and counting!

Keith

Not today either, 10 days and counting!

Keith
    Nor today either, I'm starting to get a little nervous, 11 days!
    I need this before Bimmerfest.

Keith

Nor today either, I'm starting to get a little nervous, 11 days!
    I need this before Bimmerfest.

Keith

Hi Keith,

when is Bimmerfest? I'll send another if it does not arrive Monday. Is there mail delivery on Monday or is it a holiday in the USA for the post office?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD
    Hi Keith,

when is Bimmerfest? I'll send another if it does not arrive Monday. Is there mail delivery on Monday or is it a holiday in the USA for the post office?

Mark
    Hi Mark,

The "original" Bimmerfest is in it's 4th year and is held in Santa Barbara, CA.
    This year it will be held on Saturday May 1, we (Bay Bimmerz) will be leaving at 6:00am Friday the 30th for our trek down South.

This year they are having the "first" Bimmerfest in your beautiful Country and is to be held in Calgary, I will attached the thread from bimmerfest.com, the site I frequent most often, please join us over there sometime.

As far as the mail goes, I believe it's being delivered Monday, I haven't heard any different.
    Believe me, you "will" know when it arrives.
    How far are you from Calgary?
    It would be awesome if you could attend this, pass on this info.

Keith (below is the Bimmerfest-"Canada" thread.

Bimmerfest 2004 - Calgary Alberta June 26, 2004: Bimmerfest goes International

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On June 26, 2004 the first ever official international Bimmerfest event will be held at Tunerworks in Calgary Alberta, Canada.

A little background on Tunerworks:

Tunerworks has been a pillar in the Canadian tuning community for many years; not just locally, but nationwide. They have built their reputation on quality service and competitive pricing on a vast selection of brands. Their staff is not just comprised of salespeople, but of automotive enthusiasts which makes their partnership with Bimmerfest a perfect fit.

Many thanks to Rob Leech and Tunerworks; who in addition to headlining the event, will also provide the venue, the food, and good music for all those choosing to come out and attend.

We have opened up registration for the event as of today and look forward to sharing the excitement leading up to the event in June.

Please be advised that space in the main lot is very limited (75 cars at this time with the possibility of more if the space permits) with additional space on the street in front. Therefore we must reserve main lot space on a "first registered, first served basis". Also the main lot will be reserved for BMW vehicles only.

Register for bimmerfest 2004 – Alberta, Canada today!

In the true form of Bimmerfest, the cost of attendance is your enthusiasm for the BMW marque.

A road rally is planned with the route to be yet announced. Vehicles of all marques are welcome to join in.

More information about the event will be forthcoming as plans are finalized. Please stay tuned to for all the latest information.

- The Bimmerfest.com Team
    Last edited by Keith; 04-11-2004 at 10:40 AM.

Ok, I'm on the 13th day and no chip!
    Mark, does this mean it was swallowed up by the "Back Hole"?

Keith

Ok, I'm on the 13th day and no chip!
    Mark, does this mean it was swallowed up by the "Black Hole"?

Keith

Looks like it. I'll send a replacement tommorrow.

Mark

Hi Mark,

The "original" Bimmerfest is in it's 4th year and is held in Santa Barbara, CA.
    This year it will be held on Saturday May 1, we (Bay Bimmerz) will be leaving at 6:00am Friday the 30th for our trek down South.

This year they are having the "first" Bimmerfest in your beautiful Country and is to be held in Calgary, I will attached the thread from bimmerfest.com, the site I frequent most often, please join us over there sometime.

How far are you from Calgary?
    It would be awesome if you could attend this, pass on this info.

Keith

Hello Keith,
    I am in Toronto and that is a long way from Calgary. It's probably cheaper to fly there than drive these days. Here is the distance:
    Calgary-Toronto 3434km 2134mi

Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast