GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Replaced Cabin Microfilter Today

Default Replaced Cabin Microfilter Today

Nothing particularly wrong with the A/C but after reading all the horror stories and seeing all the images realted to this particular filter. I thought it was about time to tackle the job and replace this filter before things did get bad.

I thought it would be a tough and tedious process but to my surprise it only took 50 minutes and it was a rather easy task to do. The instructions were clear and precise and easy to understand. The filter wasn't as bad as what I was imagining it to be after seeing all the images during research. Which gives me peace of mind knowing that the PO had maintained the car well.

The link below was a tremendous help.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/mainte...ce/filters.htm

Last week I just finished changing the oil, air filter and fuel filter. This weekend the plans were to replace the cabin filter, flush the radiator and do a meticulous inspection of the front suspension to see if work will need to be done there soon.

Thank you to all of you who have contribued in your valuble information and tips to make it easier for all of us DIY'ers. And to BMWE34.net for the detailed instructions of how to maitain your E34.

Excess within control...
    1995 BMW 525i

i hope you enjoyed the noticeably difference in blowing power because I did....btw...how do you check the date of the old filter? I looked on the sides but i didnt see a date....ALSO I was curious, bmw34.net said use a T20 but I was able to use a T15 and T20 was a bit too big...I thought that was wierd...

I bet mine blows the hardest since some dumbass never put one back in! Waiting on a paycheck so I can spend $500 @ BMA on suspension, filters, etc.

NovceGuru
    1993 525iA M50TU
    Black on Black...need pics
    208,888 miles

whats the big "D" stand for? The Yankees?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

GoldenOne - I really did not notice the date of the last replacement since this is the first time I replaced the filter. And based on readings from this forum it is supposed to be replaced every year. I used a T20 to remove the screw and the A/C does blow a bot stronger than before.

632 Regal - "D" is the country code sticker for Germany (Deutcheland).

Excess within control...
    1995 BMW 525i