GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e34 confession

Default e34 confession

i gotta confess, i was starting to get down on my e34. it just seemed like problem after problem. if it wasent a sticking break caliper it was bad thrust arms, if it wasent bad thrust arms it was a bad lkm, if it wasent a bad lkm it was developing rust, it it wasent rust it was a leaking rear window, i mean it was really getting me down in the dumps. so i caved, i ordered parts from bma, not everthing, just parts that will fix my driveabality issues. i got lemfoder arms and caliper rebuild kits and rotors and went to town. one week later (due to a busy schedual) and im driving like a uber machine, mummmm i love it, i lover driving at night with the radio off and use the exhaust as my soundtrack, it reminds me why i bought an e34, now i love it again, just thought id share, anyone got an lkm by the way?

kyle

Default Lkm

You can fix it man!

just do the LKM re soilder on the internal relay joints.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

What'd you do about the rust? I have one of the drain plugs under the rocker panels missing and badly rusted and the tip corner of the driver side rear wheel well fender is rusty.I keep forgetting to do something. I found rust dissolver and thought I'd try that and see what was left . If there's enough fender I'll sand and use touch up/clear coat, on the underside i thought wire brush, rust dissolver then rubber spray on seal and just cover it up after i put a piece of metal over the hole.
    Last edited by Jehu; 09-01-2006 at 01:24 AM.
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Default Grind, fabricate & MIG

then seal it POR 15. Fill it, seal it and re paint.

Oh, by the way...Just drove my touring and the LKM needs a re soilder job....speak of the .

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

i did resolder, hasent helped
    furthermore my pass. blinker is intermitin, bit with a slight tap turns right on WTF, i love my e34

err what is an lkm?

light kontrol module!
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

I went through a similar thing this week. I was speaking to a mate about his 735iL of the same year as my 5, and we were going to do a swap, I was all set but several things went wrong, 1 insurance was $200 more so nearly 1k per year. Also I just got my transmission rebuilt for 2.5k and his could be due. So in the end I passed and have now decided to get my car spick and span.
    1990 BMW 535i Exec

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin'Cow
    err what is an lkm?
    It is one of the things that malfunctions on every e34 at some point. Makes your lights go wacko. Resoldering fixes it.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Well the good news is it sounds like the 'going-to-break-items' are gradually being replaced. That means it can only be sunshine ahead!
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast