GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Well... atleast I got part of my Ellip project done...

Default Well... atleast I got part of my Ellip project done... 56k death

I'll post pics later... but needless to say this is a perfect example of one small project leads to a much bigger one.

I'm currently tracking down a PO of this car who had the Umnitza (read Shitnitza) euro lights installed. First, the lenses were cracking and the weather stripping was falling apart, so I thought I would put in some better quality Hellas. Well the Hellas are fine (thanks Abraham Motorsports!), but when i go to disassemble the grill to get at the lights, it turns out the ****ers who installed the Umnitzas screwed the plastic grill to the metal "grill support" or whatever it is. I literally had to tear the grills apart, cut them down with scissors and pull the metal thing off. I guess they must have removed the bumbers to install the HID kit. Idiots.

Nice thing is I got the new lights installed... bad thing is I have to go and order every screw and grill piece to replace the ones I destroyed taking it apart.

Also... for anyone who has the choice between ordering "aftermarket" grill replacements, and OEM ones... go for the OEM ones. I usually don't skimp on quality and this is a perfect example of why I never should. The finish of the plastic on the grills is horrible!
    Last edited by uflnuceng; 08-27-2006 at 10:11 PM.

Default now with pics...

Here are the Umnitza's and the clear turns that came on the car...

Close up...

Why I was replacing... lens adhesive seems to be seperating and discoloring...

Lights don't look bad when on...

Now this is really interesting... the Umnitza projectors have a completely different projection than the Hella ones do.

The H1 Hellas

The Hellas look a little cloudy at the moment... I'm hoping that will clear up over time.

I used the paper to help line up the lights... but you can see the cap between the Umnitza's with the HIDs and the H1 Hellas... I think the Hella pattern is better as it spreads across the field of view better. I think that is how the pattern on my E46 is.

I still have to clean up the install... I used butt connectors and heat shrink wrap like Don McAdams. Seems to work well. I tied the E.T. lights into the side park lights but I think its giving me a fault code now. Maybe the bulb I'm using is a wrong voltage or something...

I'll keep you guys updated... I'm still pissed about those damn self-tapping screws the *******s used to attach everything with the Umnitzas...
    Last edited by uflnuceng; 08-27-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Those aren't the smoked Hellas, right? I've been trying to find plain clear euro smileys forever, how much did you pay?

Looks sweet, get some pics when you slap it together
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

They are the smoked euro Hellas... they just don't look like it in that light. Get Saliya to find you a set of used Euro non-smoked

Looks great so far!

95 540iA: Euro Clears & More Mods to Come Soon!
    Sacramento, CA USA