GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesus/God/Higher Power hates me.

Default Jesus/God/Higher Power hates me.

Whoever you pray to, be it God, Allah, Buddha, Satan, whatever, hates me.

I had my clutch replaced. $266 parts, $500 labor

Then clutch slave cylinder. $50 parts + labor

Then clutch failed again and had to replace flywheel. $700 parts, labor free since first clutch replace fail.

Drove it for TWO DAYS after having clutch + flywheel replaced. Not driving hard or anything. when i left my gf's house i started the engine and gassed it. just revved up to about 4k rpm, let it roll. It started smoking. Stopped it opened the hood. A little bit of smoke came out.

Engine will still start but revs up then almost dies then revs up then almost dies if idling. It also makes a strange popping noise like gas is leaking into the exhaust manifold then exploding inside.

I'm thinking about selling my beamer and buying some ricer like a prelude.
    I never thought I would say that.

BMW 525i

EMERGENCY! Newbie about to lose the faith (in bmws) and jump ship.

WILL SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS SOMETHING GIVE THIS GUY SOME SUGGESTIONS ON HIS CURRENT PROBLEM.

Boardburton--I know nothing about clutches and fly wheels but I have been around e34s for 6 years and am of the opinion that if you are not doing the work yourself it is going to cost $2,000 per year to keep it on the road. It is worth every penny of that $2,000. I am also of the opinion that it costs that much to keep any bmw, not just e34s on the road, once they are out of warranty. If you don't go into bmw ownership excepting that, the repair charges cause serious sticker shock.

BTW--your thread title, while clever, is not going to get you as much help as one that announced the problem like "new clutch/flywheel just died again".

Keep the faith. People here will help you get through this.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

At 180K miles, I would think any cars clutch would fail. Including a Honda. Nobody hates you. It just called maintenance.

As far as the engine goes, it doesn't sound too bad, but you will need to have it diagnosed by a indy. He can grab the error codes and fix the issue right quick. And with the visible symptoms, it'll be a quick diagnosis.

a vacume hose probably slipped off. they might have bumped it making it loose and now its all the way off.

it's simple, dont freak out. go peek around a bit.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

could you see where on the engine the smoke came from?
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

right from under what i believe to be the intake manifold.
    (the part that is across from the 6 spark plugs beside the engine cover that the throttle body and intake attach to.

BMW 525i

What ever you buy burton , check it out better.sounds like the Bimmer needed some over due maintenance.Just like a Prelude would...check em out and NEVER buy site unseen(web).I do this for $$$ Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by boardburton
    Whoever you pray to, be it God, Allah, Buddha, Satan, whatever, hates me.

I had my clutch replaced. $266 parts, $500 labor

Then clutch slave cylinder. $50 parts + labor

Then clutch failed again and had to replace flywheel. $700 parts, labor free since first clutch replace fail.

Drove it for TWO DAYS after having clutch + flywheel replaced. Not driving hard or anything. when i left my gf's house i started the engine and gassed it. just revved up to about 4k rpm, let it roll. It started smoking. Stopped it opened the hood. A little bit of smoke came out.

Engine will still start but revs up then almost dies then revs up then almost dies if idling. It also makes a strange popping noise like gas is leaking into the exhaust manifold then exploding inside.

I'm thinking about selling my beamer and buying some ricer like a prelude.
    I never thought I would say that.
    1991 M5 Black on black
    Dinan Chip 175mph
    Dinan Cam Gears
    Cold Air Intake-custom
    Exaust-collector to 3" Pipe
    Lowered n Level
    Coilovers n Sways
    Centerforce Clutch
    Lightened Flywheel
    18"s

Almost all e34s have over due maintainence unless you buy from an anal enthusiast. It comes with the territory. But the point is well made. The ricer you would trade for may have overdue maintainence.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

ricers dont need maintenance
    edit: Im an enthusiast too lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Almost all e34s have over due maintainence unless you buy from an anal enthusiast. It comes with the territory. But the point is well made. The ricer you would trade for may have overdue maintainence.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    ricers dont need maintenance
    edit: Im an enthusiast too lmao
    And any one of us would be lucky to be able to buy your enthusiast maintained e34.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast