GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Geeze, more bad luck...

Default Geeze, more bad luck...

I just found out today that the engine blew on my e38! Dad was driving it to work and he described that has he was pulling into a spot the "low oil pressure" light went on so he opened up the hood, checked the oil level and all fluid levels. Everything checked (no scent or visible traces of coolant in oil) out so he decided to turn it on again and a puff of white smoke came out the tail and it was idling very rough. I had him tow to my indy to check it out because I'm back up in college town It sounds as if the headgasket blew but the only thing that threw me off is he said the temperature stayed rock steady in the middle...didnt jump to the red at all which is weird...Im hoping the head didnt crack

Ideas?

i can't speak for the low op light (maybe a bad switch, id screw a mechanical gauge in to test) but the crappy idle and smoke sounds like a blown pcv plate
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

pull the oil pan, the M62 engine has almost the exact same oil pump as the M60, and most of the replacement parts are the same. they can fall off and apart just like ours can, or the chain or sprocket shaft could have broken.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue