GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Help! Doing Valve Cover Gasket

Default Help! Doing Valve Cover Gasket

I have read all the posts here and downloaded procedures but I must be thick. I am trying to remove the black plastic enclosure that houses the wiring for the plugs but I can't get the #$%# thing off!. I've removed the two nuts the seem to be the only thing holding it down but it is on there good. This is a '95 530 i. Here are some pics. Yes, I know my engine compartment doesn't sparkle
    Attached Images Attached Images   

slide it up and off the brackets, the wires hold it down tight. just push it far enough out of the way to pull the valve cover off.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    slide it up and off the brackets, the wires hold it down tight. just push it far enough out of the way to pull the valve cover off.
    There's no sliding. I can't budge it. I've removed the injector clips. There must be another bolt somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by 530iBall
    I have read all the posts here and downloaded procedures but I must be thick. I am trying to remove the black plastic enclosure that houses the wiring for the plugs but I can't get the #$%# thing off!. I've removed the two nuts the seem to be the only thing holding it down but it is on there good. This is a '95 530 i. Here are some pics. Yes, I know my engine compartment doesn't sparkle
    Figured it out. There are two sets of clips. The tiny steel staple ones are the ones that had to come off. I took of the big black clips which didn't. Jeez

took me 10 times as long to clean the valve cover gasket surface that it did to replace the intake gaskets. Grab a chair and a case of beer man.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy