GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angel eyes headlights

Default Angel eyes headlights

hi all

i got hole in my headlight lens (high beams) with a size of a quarter, and it's a perfect excuse to replace the headlights. Now, my question is should i stick with the oem ones, or should i upgrade it to the agel eyes headlights? i went to the dealer today, and said that bmw didn't make that kind of headlights for e34. used the "search button' and not sure if the aftermarket ones are durable--let alone made in germany. found two companies though "um nitza" (not sure) and "namotorwerks.com". if i do upgrade the headlights, is it a "plug and play" or there are additional wirings need to be done? i want to keep it simple as much as possible.

umnitza headlights arent truly plug and play but they do sell an adaptor kit for something like 25 bucks that will make it plug and play. if you want to upgrade, go with a set of "euro smiley" headlights. increased light output incredibly as opposed to your stock ellipsoids, and definitely not as expensive. if you want to go with even more light, you can put an H.I.D. kit in your low beams, preferrably 4300K or 6000K.
    eyes for our e34, although final decision is based upon owner's taste, sort of don't "flow" with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

You mean you used the search button and didn't come up with at least half a dozen of my posts comparing and talking about them? :| No mercy

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/search.php?searchid=228847

:: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

eyes are not an upgrade.. trust me... the're cheap chinese headlights.

get a used pair of Hella Euro Smileys and replace the lenses and add eyes...

that's what I would do instead of spending $250 on chinese lights
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Anything is an upgrade if you've got pitted, foggy old lights

If you want the epitome of quality ($$$) without tinkering, then go Hella Euros.

Depo lights are not an upgrade. You own them.. I own them... let's not pretend they're an upgrade
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Depo lights are not an upgrade. You own them.. I own them... let's not pretend they're an upgrade
    Woooo. Different folks, different strokes

Better looking? Subjective
    More light? Almost always, because the original 10+ year old ones are pitted, dirty, broken, fogged, etc.
    Better light? That depends... I like the North American projector cutoff more than Euro/Halo _/ type
    Cheaper? Yes, in both respects. Costs less (half?) BUT also of lesser quality. Again, personal choice, like FCP parts. Let's not debate about this point... it'll drag out.

So, is it an upgrade? If you don't debate the 'cheaper' point, then usually the answer is yes. Don't answer to the 'cheaper' point because it'll just start a flame like FCP vs Lemf parts (cost vs total quality).

In a nutshell, they are an upgrade from the moldy projectors from 1988 I had on the car. On the FLIP SIDE, if I had clean, crisp lenses and projectors OEM, I would like those... BUT, I like the halo ring (on Depo's only). I digress.

ok you win

final word count

Qube 150
    Evan 18

eyes are crap. get the Euro smileys

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    ok you win

final word count

Qube 150
    Evan 18
    Not trying to rough your feathers there, Evan Just want folks to have a somewhat open mind. It's perfectly fine to say they're not an upgrade, but just tell them (uninformed folks) why. Tell em how they suck. Do say that they are (usually) inferior build on the plastic parts, for example. That's all. If not, it just turned into a blue coolant, green coolant type debate.

Anyway, as supposedly crappy Depos are, they are already 'leagues' ahead of ALL the other halo projectors out there. Even so, from a build quality perspective, they can't come close to OEM/Hellas. Everything else is personal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast