GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone butchered my car.. :S

Default Someone butchered my car.. :S

Few things about my car have needed a fix and i finally deicided to pull the dash apart and do capacitors (dimming LCD lights), and try to fix my steering column extender.

I THINK i have found what to adjust to get the steering column extending, a large nut on/around the steering column right above the pedals (still getting cover out of the way, trying to do it wihout having to touch the centre column )

Whilst i was there i started to take out the instrument panel, to my surprise, BOTH screw holes at the top were snapped away, and a single screw on one side was in on a stupid angle holding the unit in!
    i proceed to take it all out anyways, once i get the cluster out, i notice some bulbs missing...
    Engine check light.. and the seatbelt light.

Im really worried now.. some dickhead may have been driving this car around without fixing problems.
    Now i might have some kind of engine problem, broken seatbelt sensors, or maybe just a OBC error (who knows till i put the light back in).

Why do people do such STUPID things with this kind of car.. or ANY car for that matter.
    11/88 535iA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael999
    Few things about my car have needed a fix and i finally deicided to pull the dash apart and do capacitors (dimming LCD lights), and try to fix my steering column extender.

I THINK i have found what to adjust to get the steering column extending, a large nut on/around the steering column right above the pedals (still getting cover out of the way, trying to do it wihout having to touch the centre column )

Whilst i was there i started to take out the instrument panel, to my surprise, BOTH screw holes at the top were snapped away, and a single screw on one side was in on a stupid angle holding the unit in!
    i proceed to take it all out anyways, once i get the cluster out, i notice some bulbs missing...
    Engine check light.. and the seatbelt light.

Im really worried now.. some dickhead may have been driving this car around without fixing problems.
    Now i might have some kind of engine problem, broken seatbelt sensors, or maybe just a OBC error (who knows till i put the light back in).

Why do people do such STUPID things with this kind of car.. or ANY car for that matter.
    yeah BMW are a bunch of D***heads, thats the way they all come to australia-land without those bulbs.

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Oh thank god!, i was really worried of owner misuse, should i get replacements, is the AUS OBC connected to them even?
    And where would i get some?

any ideas about that steering column?
    11/88 535iA

the nut at the bottom of the steering column is tightened sometimes to get more direct steering feel,maybe its slightly too tight.OBC has nothing to do with CEL or seatbelt light.
    Gone but not forgotten

What does the CEL get triggered by?
    11/88 535iA

CEL is triggered by dme.I think it was basically set up on US cars but not on any others...to begin with anyway
    Gone but not forgotten

@Michael999

Pls try to study a "little bit more" and use the search function

you are not a newbie with 85 postings.
    Last edited by shogun; 08-23-2006 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    @Michael999

Pls try to study a "little bit more" and use the search function

you are not a newbie with 85 postings.
    Wooooooooo!

CEL: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...+light+missing

Nut: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...ight=nut+wheel

...and so on.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Way back in the mid 1980's A buddy of mine inherited a 70's era volvo. His solution to most of the idiot lights was to either cut the leads that connected them or cover them with black tape. Of course he knew that no one else would ever own the car.

The funniest thing I remember about that car was helping him remove the bumpers so he could sell them at the metal scrap yard when he needed some cash. He ended up driving the car for two more years after that till it finally died.

Since then, whenever someone I know asks for help with their Volvo, I hand them a pair of wire cutters and some electrical tape.

What? He drove it with no bumpers on for 2 years? What did the local constabulary say about this? ;-)

Shaun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast