GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Hubcentric Question

Unregistered Guest

Default Hubcentric Question

I bought a 1995 540i 2 years ago and it had TSW wheels. They looked great but rode a bit stiff so I changed to stock. Before changing the wheels I noticed some shake in the wheel. Upon removal of the wheels I found that there were rings inside the "hub hole" but the were worn terribly. 2 were almost gone! Now I want to put my old 17's back on but don't know where to get the proper rings to get the "perfect fit" nor what to tell the salesman on the phone about my car & the rims. Not sure what some of the numbers inside the wheel mean but one is 8Jx17H2 and one is PCD 120 and one is ET 20. Can anyone help me with where to call and what to ask for? Any help is greatly appreciated!! My email (if it helps) is mattinfla@hotmail.com. Thank you very much!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I bought a 1995 540i 2 years ago and it had TSW wheels. They looked great but rode a bit stiff so I changed to stock. Before changing the wheels I noticed some shake in the wheel. Upon removal of the wheels I found that there were rings inside the "hub hole" but the were worn terribly. 2 were almost gone! Now I want to put my old 17's back on but don't know where to get the proper rings to get the "perfect fit" nor what to tell the salesman on the phone about my car & the rims. Not sure what some of the numbers inside the wheel mean but one is 8Jx17H2 and one is PCD 120 and one is ET 20. Can anyone help me with where to call and what to ask for? Any help is greatly appreciated!! My email (if it helps) is mattinfla@hotmail.com. Thank you very much!

The hub rings are available from virtually all wheel stockists it you tell them the wheel make and car type they will be able to put them in the post.The 8JX17 refers to the rim size 8 inches wide and 17 inches in diameter.PCD 120 is the Pitch Circle Diameter (Diameter of the ring of bolt holes that hold it on the hub) of 120 mm. The ET 20 is an offset for the face of the hub from the centreline of the wheel.

Unregistered Guest

Thanks!! So should I ask for a particular part #? Is my e34 119 vice 120? I bought M5 BMW knockoffs before and got very thin aluminum rings. Think I need the same ones to go back?

Unregistered Guest

No, the difference is in the hub size not the bolt circle. I think BMW's are 74.1 mm but am not positive on that. If you give him the model number or part number from your 17s then they should be able to pull up the hub size of those and find the proper adapter to go from your hub to the hub size of the wheels you want to put on.

Default the hub on our cars is 72.5 and many wheels can

be had with the 20mm offset,120pcd nut many have 74.0mm hubs.There fore you need 1.5 mm spacers ie 0.75 thick rings.
    Gone but not forgotten

Unregistered Guest

Thank you so very much! The rings have been ordered & are on their way to me. I really do appreciate the help.