GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Driver's side Power Seat

Default Driver's side Power Seat

This is not on my not on my 1992 BMW 525i. My son has a 1995 Ford Mustang GT converible, 5.0 5 speed. We just had the clutch replaced and the mass airflow sensor and it was running great. The seat is a power seat that adusts up and down, forward and backward and has a lumbar support. The power seat is operated by a toggle switch and now it only moves forward and up and down not backward. I have the seat apart the motor that moves the seat forward and backward will only move the seat forward. Is this a swithch problem or something else? Also, I am trying to find a way to manually move the seat back because the seat is so far forward that you can hardly get in the passengers seat.

I know this is not a BMW issue but I would appreciate any insight that you guys may have. After spending $1276 for the clutch and MAF job to have this happen just frustrates me to no end.

Al Gray

Default It should be a switch problem, ....

normally the motor is voltage feed straight or reverse to go one way or the opposite, the switch is responsible for applying the voltage in one way or another.

Look for the motor connector, if two wires, then unplug it and apply 12 Vdc to the wires of the motor, if moving the opposite way you need, just reverse the cable connections, it should go the other way.

Javier

Default As Javier said , its most likely a switch problem, here is the

schematic for it, and as you can see how the switch works.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gray
    This is not on my not on my 1992 BMW 525i. My son has a 1995 Ford Mustang GT converible, 5.0 5 speed. We just had the clutch replaced and the mass airflow sensor and it was running great. The seat is a power seat that adusts up and down, forward and backward and has a lumbar support. The power seat is operated by a toggle switch and now it only moves forward and up and down not backward. I have the seat apart the motor that moves the seat forward and backward will only move the seat forward. Is this a swithch problem or something else? Also, I am trying to find a way to manually move the seat back because the seat is so far forward that you can hardly get in the passengers seat.

I know this is not a BMW issue but I would appreciate any insight that you guys may have. After spending $1276 for the clutch and MAF job to have this happen just frustrates me to no end.

Al Gray
    Attached Images Attached Images