GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acetone added to Gasoline o_O

Default Acetone added to Gasoline o_O

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/new...00069_Acetone/

First article I looked up on this. It sounds like a potent version of things like Seafoam, but my concern would be things like injector o-rings getting eaten up. Has anyone ever tried or done this before, and what success or horror stories have you had from the experience?

do a search...******** is all it is

snake oil
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    snake oil
    Hmmm.... I've never tried adding snake oil to my gas tank... where do you get it?

1990 E34 535iA, 215,000kms (130,000 miles).
    Dual Climate, Rear Headrests, Rollerblind, M-Tech Wheel,
    Memory Seats, EAT Chip, T-Stars.

Default B.S. if you look at the back episodes of mythbusters they

did a test on it and measured the mileage exactly, not only did it not do better,it did slightly worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeyesTx
    http://www.pureenergysystems.com/new...00069_Acetone/

First article I looked up on this. It sounds like a potent version of things like Seafoam, but my concern would be things like injector o-rings getting eaten up. Has anyone ever tried or done this before, and what success or horror stories have you had from the experience?

However, adding Toulene to fuel...or xylene

Toulene
    R+M/2...114
    Cost...$2.50/gal
    Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
    10%...94.2 Octane
    20%...96.4 Octane
    30%...98.6 Octane

FORMULA 2
    Xylene
    R+M/2...117
    Cost...$2.75/gal
    Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
    10%...94.5 Octane
    20%...97.0 Octane
    30%...99.5 Octane
    Last edited by Jon K; 08-19-2006 at 02:13 AM.

Default Moth Balls

half dozen in each tank of gas.

Never had a moth eat through my tank yet

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

so you could buy low octane gas and up the octane with toluene or xylene?
    Is that the idea Jon?>Would hardly be worth it would itunless you cant get the octane you need?
    Gone but not forgotten

i have been adding acetone to my gas for over a year, and it has increased my mileage and throttle response.

DONT USE WITH GAS CONTAINING ETHANOL OR YOU WILL GET WORSE MILEAGE AND POTENTIAL ENGINE DAMAGE.

that said, you add it at 0.23% by volume, and it changes the surface tension of the gasoline allowing better atomization. works for fuel injected engines not carbureated engines.

do NOT add more than 0.25% by volume, as it begins to effect the combustion process at this point by reducing the combustability of the gas. lower than 0.20% doesnt change the surface tension enough. if you have a higher compression engine (like 10:1 and up) then adding a bit more acetone (.01% for every +1:1 increase in compression) will not negatively effect the combusion process.

the concentration is too low to effect the rubber components in the fuel system, and also low enough that the cost of the acetone vs the benefit makes it very worth it. my city mpg goes up about .5 (3%) but my highway mpg is between 31-40 (thats reaaaaly good), and my combined average was 20% higher than prior, although it has dropped to 10% with the increased use of S4 this summer.

it costs $1 for 4oz of acetone, which is how much i use for 13gal of gas (0.24% max), at $3 a gallon = $39.. therefore, i would need a 1/39 improvement in mileage to justify the use of it, which is 2.6%, well within the limit for its continued use. and if not for the mileage increase, then for the cleanliness of the injector heads, and the funky exhaust smell.

it works best when used with either lucas upper cylinder lube or FP60, or some other lubricating substance that increases combusion temp. the effect is synergistic, providing better engine efficiency than either would allow alone.

old school moth balls are highly oxygenated and make the car perform like it has a supercharger. that however is best suited to carbuerated cars, unless you increase the amount slowly so that the ECU can figure out wtf is going on.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

oh i also have some xylene, which i was messing around with, my unboosted engine doesnt like it too much, 92 octane is fine for me. i can always use it to remove paint though!
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast