GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Rear Electric Window

Default Rear Electric Window

One of mine doesn't work. It seems to draw current when button pressed and makes an audible dull click, but doesn't move a jot. I've not had anyone in the back in the car ever as far as I can recall. Could it just be that its a bit seized ? And if so whats the easiest way (least stripping) to free it off ?

If not seized, any other likely causes ?

Cheers.
    1994 E34 530i MTech UK 137,000 Miles 45,000 on Alusil

Default Rear window stuck

I had the same problem and fixed by closing the rear door hard. Windows seen to stick if they are not used for a long time. Someday I will have to take door panel apart and check it out, but for now useing them once a month or so seems to work for me.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joestancampiano
    I had the same problem and fixed by closing the rear door hard. Windows seen to stick if they are not used for a long time. Someday I will have to take door panel apart and check it out, but for now useing them once a month or so seems to work for me.

Hope this helps,

Joe
    Just tried it, dont think the neighboors will be too pleased, its 2 in the morning here ! It still didn't work though, so I'll try it harder tomorrow. What I dont get is why is 'ckicks' as if its gonna do something, but it just doesn't. Cheers.

Default while pushing & holding the switch, either center console or door, firmly pull...

...the door closed...

i think it's a secret feature.
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead

Quote Originally Posted by RobPatt
    ...the door closed...

i think it's a secret feature.
    That did it, thanks ! I'm well pleased - little things and little minds and all that :-)

You may find that soon it will exhibit the same problem and you'll need to do the same trick to fix it.

For the first 9 months of owning my car I had to do this. Now for some reason, my windows never get stuck, and I haven't done anything to them. Go figure.

Wherever the Army says... but currently at Fort Rucker, AL.

Default This place is fantastic!

Gentlemen-

Just signed up on this forum a day or so ago, and this thread already solved one of my little "nuisance" issues with my new 530i! (Isn't the internet GREAT?!) Also found the DIY for the power "seat twist" and headrest fixes... both of which I need, but both of which I may be too much of a rookie mechanic to successfully execute.

Trying to ease my wife in to the idea of spending some $$ getting clear turn indicators, clear side markers, and " eyes". She doesn't know much about cars, but luckily knows that BMWs are something a little special... so maybe she'll go for it with a little coaxing!

Other upgrades I'd like to look in to are putting in a performance "chip", and upgrading exhaust components to bring out the BEAUTIFUL V8 sound this car produces! (Not expecting performance increase through exhaust upgrades... I've already read about how this car has a magnificently designed exhaust system.) If anyone has input, I'm all ears! Thanks for the info... I'm sure I'll be checking back VERY often!

-CPT Kauffee
    Attached Images Attached Images