GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Another pain in the a... Central lock problems

Default Another pain in the a... Central lock problems

I have another problem on my 1992 525iX touring (european model) and that is central lock. But now some small history. A year ago I had an accident, some guy crashed my driver side doors, both front and rear. So after it was fixed, strange stuffs begun to happen. First what I noticed was that rear passanger side door lock was failing to lock/unlock the door from time to time. Some time it was ok, than not, than ok again. Since I was locking/unlocking the door from driver's door I did not notice that this door was behaving in the same way. I noticed it when once I opened the door from passanger side. (trunk I was opening always using the switches). Two days ago I got another trouble (before, something like a month or so all four doors were OK ). When I am trying to lock the door either from driver's or passanger's side doors or using the trunk lock it keeps unlocking immeditely and the second attempt locks it. From the drivers side I can not unlock the three remaining doors only lock them in two turns. The trunk lock does not lock at all. Can somebody explain me what the hell is going with this damn central lock? . Since I do not have garage and I do not want keep car open (trunk and rear window dos not locks at all) I just disconnected them and now only the key can open the trunk. But the door lock behavior is same as described.

Default Cable to electrics in rear door?

I dont know if the same problem exists with the touring, but this sort of behaviour can be caused in the sedan by the cable supplying the lights and central locking to the boot lid being partly broken. See if you can find this, strip off the covering and look for broken wires wherever a lot of bending occurs. Solder /repair any broken ones and the problem might be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve525
    I dont know if the same problem exists with the touring, but this sort of behaviour can be caused in the sedan by the cable supplying the lights and central locking to the boot lid being partly broken. See if you can find this, strip off the covering and look for broken wires wherever a lot of bending occurs. Solder /repair any broken ones and the problem might be solved.
    Well... in the turing it even worth. Near the hatch right hinge I have lot of wires fixed. I fixed some just a week ago. I will check again.

Quote Originally Posted by alikom
    Well... in the turing it even worth. Near the hatch right hinge I have lot of wires fixed. I fixed some just a week ago. I will check again.
    It can be an door lock acuator, or one of their adjustments. If the system detects one not locking, it will unlock or relock again on you. (seems weird to most people but it is a safety warning)

Knowing panel shops methods, I'd check these as well as the wiring. I know a fellow that would have an actuator if you need one.
    Last edited by genphreak; 08-14-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!