GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e34 up on ramps

Default e34 up on ramps

Is it possible to use those drive up ramps to get under a e34 you get for $40? any experience with them? I'm afraid I'm going to scratch up / remove the front plastic below the fender. Any experience. I noticed someone had a picture of a e34 on ramps and was wondering if they jacked up the car and just slid these under to hold it in place.
    Thanks.

I don't have any pictures, but I can put my '95 525i up on ramps without a problem. It gets close, but the ramps never touched the paint.

Here's a shot of my 540 up on rhino ramps. I've had these for 5 years and they work great. Highly recommend these over any type of metal ramps.

I have metal ramps that have a lip on the edges which would normally scratch the bumper. To prevent this, I simply place a couple 2x4s behind the ramp. By the time the bumper reaches the ramp, the blocks have elevated the wheels and the bumper doesn't touch.

To keep the ramps from sliding out on the garage floor, I simply place a long 2x4 behind each ramp and push them against the garage wall. This seems to be more of a problem with our RWD cars since the front wheels are pushing instead of the way FWD would grab a ramp and pull itself up.
    _

Ramps are by far the easiest way to get under the car. I feel it is kind of safe too. I always have some one to tell me if I am going to go beyond the limit.

Don't forget to add Four wheel chokes for the rear wheel. If your garage floor is smooth you might want to buy some anti slip mats.

Good luck

Arun
    530i / Nikasil M60 3 Ltr Motor / ZF5HP18 (A5S 310Z) Tranny / Prod: March 95 / Fully stock / 95K miles

There was a post here a couple weeks ago about someone who had the black Rino ramps and had them failed explosively.

I own a set of the grey (heavy duty) Rino ramps and had one corner of one ramp develop a 2" crack along the base.

I won't get under them alone, i always put jack stands under as well.

i have tried to push the car off the ramps in neutral DOWN an inclined garage, and have failed to do so. also, when i drive onto them, they angle forward, pulling the rubber stop off the ground, and causing them to slide with the car as to not have the car fly off of them.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Default Fail explosively???

Wow, I'll start putting jack stands underneath them as well then. I have a set of the heavy duty grey rhinos as well - and I've never had a problem.

But, then again, one can't be too careful underneath a car...

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyrealperson
    Wow, I'll start putting jack stands underneath them as well then. I have a set of the heavy duty grey rhinos as well - and I've never had a problem.

But, then again, one can't be too careful underneath a car...

definately search for that thread...I think it's called "rhino ramps colapse?" or something like that.

I have metal ramps, but have a hard time getting it on with the car lowered
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast