GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some recent photos of my E34

Default Some recent photos of my E34

Hello all!

It has been nearly a year since I've acquired my 535iA. She's gotten a little over 1000 miles put on her after the purchase, but a lot has been repaired and replaced. Starting with the cooling system and working down to the rear muffler hangers the list of repairs spans more than a page. I recently installed clear front turn signals (TYC) with amber bulbs (I like the way these bulbs give the lights a slight orange tint). That about does it for mods. I still need to repair an oil leak at the front of the engine, replace the rear dog bones, and sort out the rough shift from 1st to 2nd in the tranny. Here she is on her first trip with new thrust arms, engine mounts, and center bearing:

Thanks to everyone for making this site such a wonderful resource!

Nice, Bronzit is a cool color. Only 1,000 miles? I;ve had mine for just two months and already put 3,000 on...
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Nice, Bronzit is a cool color. Only 1,000 miles? I;ve had mine for just two months and already put 3,000 on...
    The car has been a garage queen since I drive my economical Honda to college (30 mile commute per day) and because there were many repairs being performed on it. Plus the brand new paint job would probably not fare too well in the parking garage on campus (how many times have you had the urge to kill some people who simply cannot fit their 5 foot-wide car into an 8-foot clearly marked parking space?) She is finally in a condition that I can drive daily without worrying about something breaking. And I agree with you on the color

Quote Originally Posted by Rus
    The car has been a garage queen since I drive my economical Honda to college (30 mile commute per day) and because there were many repairs being performed on it. Plus the brand new paint job would probably not fare too well in the parking garage on campus (how many times have you had the urge to kill some people who simply cannot fit their 5 foot-wide car into an 8-foot clearly marked parking space?) She is finally in a condition that I can drive daily without worrying about something breaking. And I agree with you on the color
    If possible i park far away in wide open areas. I get a little extra exercise and peace of mind that only very strange people will go out of their way to park near me with so much other free space... and there aren't many people this strange, right ?

Nice car. I've got the same issue with my tranny.. rough shifting 1-2-3-4. One tranny guy told me it could be the TPS on the throttle body.

Hello all!

It has been nearly a year since I've acquired my 535iA. She's gotten a little over 1000 miles put on her after the purchase, but a lot has been repaired and replaced. Starting with the cooling system and working down to the rear muffler hangers the list of repairs spans more than a page. I recently installed clear front turn signals (TYC) with amber bulbs (I like the way these bulbs give the lights a slight orange tint). That about does it for mods. I still need to repair an oil leak at the front of the engine, replace the rear dog bones, and sort out the rough shift from 1st to 2nd in the tranny. Here she is on her first trip with new thrust arms, engine mounts, and center bearing:

Thanks to everyone for making this site such a wonderful resource!
    Nice car.

The rough shifting can probably be cured with some Redline in the trans.

If possible i park far away in wide open areas. I get a little extra exercise and peace of mind that only very strange people will go out of their way to park near me with so much other free space... and there aren't many people this strange, right ?
    Not true. Anytime, no matter what vehicle I am in including the F150, if I park by myself at the back of the lot, when I come back, there is always a vehicle next to me. I think people like to huddle together. And I think it is really weird.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Not true. Anytime, no matter what vehicle I am in including the F150, if I park by myself at the back of the lot, when I come back, there is always a vehicle next to me. I think people like to huddle together. And I think it is really weird.
    i was being facetious my dear...i tried to include the eyes rolling smiley but not offered..

In the case of the parking garage where I am forced to leave my cars, there is simply no space left by about 8 am in the morning so parking in a far remote area where only weird people park is impossible. I do try to select "protected" parking spaces...basically park next to a concrete column leaving a lot of space for whoever parks next to me. People tend to need some extra room to swing out the car door, fall out of the car, etc. etc. (many a time I've discovered my side mirrors folded in by what I suspect are individuals with an excessively wide gluteus maximus ).

As far as the transmission issue goes, I do believe that fluid changes will help. I've already replaced the filter and cleaned out all the gunk from the pan, but the fluid in the transmission is not quite the pink/light red color that comes out of the bottle, most likely due to mixing with the remains of the old fluid. Shifting quality did improve since my last fluid change.

Thanks for the kind words

i was being facetious my dear...i tried to include the eyes rolling smiley but not offered..
    Duh.

And Rus, sorry about hijacking your thread. Your car is beautiful. New paint job. I am jealous. Really jealous.

You get my nomination for most anal for doing all that work on it while only putting 1000 miles on it.

She is finally in a condition that I can drive daily without worrying about something breaking.
    That's what AAA is for, isn't it?

Last edited by Gayle; 08-13-2006 at 09:38 PM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast