GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Turned off by some of the newbies...

nope, too many 960 volvo engine/head jobs lately, i hate that frog piece of **** engine (renault)

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    Hello I am a newbie, I have noticed that there is a disgruntled mechanic on my BMW discussion board. Is this normal? Could this problem be caused by nikasil?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

hey, i don't mind it at all. it lets me use the derisive term for homosexuals that starts with F without feeling like a repulsive human being afterwards.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Well maybe it's just about getting to know how to navigate this site. Not everybody is computer litterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    Some new douche bag....

Buys a nice old BMW and....

Over heats it. Mine cooked itself on the rolling road, should I be scared?

Wrecks it in a week. Took me 2 weeks to 'wreck' my E30 into a granite wall - the bmw lost

Gets overspray on it. Yup

Wants to put an M, Alpina, Hartge, Etc... badges to make the car run better.*ahem* yup *ahem*

Wants to rice it out.I'm not that bad

Want to solve the wiper arm hitting the hood problem, and reach perfect world peace.**** world peace, How the hell do you actually stop the wiper arm hitting the bonnet?! pisses me right off that does!!

Wants eyes.Yup

Wants to go "clear".yup

Wants to go "smoked"smoking's bad for you, but why not eh!

Wants to go "black" (you'll never go back)do black rims count? and black shadowline?

Wants to roll on 22 inch rims with the big boys.22's? old news, peeps iz rollin on 28s now fo' shizzle, ma nizzle, d bizzle, etc etczzle

Wants to put LEDs in, under, over and around it. Got 2 little led's inside

Wants to change every thing they heard can go wrong (even though it's all working) Mine's starting to go wrong, wont' be long before I need to get parts...

Wants to go "cheap" and buy **** parts, and then asks everyone what do you think about these great Nigerian parts.Need to get parts soon, where's the cheapest place? i Hear ebay is good...!

Wants to do their own work but.....can't even operate a can opener. Well I can work on my car more successfully than I can use my stupid old electric can opener.. Wonder if ebay do can openers?

And then....

Asks what oil or coolant to use.......What's the best tranny fluid for my car?

Haa haaaa haaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Newbs - we were all one once!
    What I think is needed is a stickied thread at the top of the forum, that has a link to [i]all]/i] the common (& less common) problems, each link pointing to a thread with a definitive answer!
    Example: search for "LKM", the amount of threads it throws back is just silly to trawl through the whole lot! - no wonder newbs get confused, and just ask anyway..
    I don't bother asking Q's 'cos I have far too much time on my hands, and don't care about reading eleventy billion threads to fix my interior light, or whatever - likelyhood is, the light will stay fooked anyway!

The Netherlands, around Amterdam (as every place is)

Default What about a Volvo Brandon?

Quote Originally Posted by ricola
    I've seen this type of BS before. I was dissed by some A hole the first time I posted here. I simply introduced myself and asked a question. If you don't want to help someone, don't! Just because you think you know so much doesn't give you the right to look down your nose at a potencial new member. I hope I'm never like that. If you don't want to answer a question that has been asked 100 times, help out by posting a link to the answer. Be curtious. Remember, you were new once too.
    Totally agree ... As a newbie I have asked some sane questions on a newbie level and got s**t for answers ... I deal with a quite a number of forums (broad interests) and I must say that there are some unhelpful types lurking around here only trying to be smart ... Luckely as in normal life the majority is helpful.
    You're a victim of your brain

the answer to most questions will have been asked at some point in some area using certain wording on this website and others, should you have the time to spend looking for it

The whole point of this site is to get quick information about something, rather as spending 3 hours looking up something that could be answered by a knowledgable person on here in minutes.

If you find that task of giving too hard then just sit back and absorb the information, no one will think the worse of you for doing so..

Quote Originally Posted by billy
    the answer to most questions will have been asked at some point in some area using certain wording on this website and others, should you have the time to spend looking for it

The whole point of this site is to get quick information about something, rather as spending 3 hours looking up something that could be answered by a knowledgable person on here in minutes.

If you find that task of giving too hard then just sit back and absorb the information, no one will think the worse of you for doing so..
    Nicely said. Now fill out your profile, billy!
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by billy

Ya, a major part of signing onto a forum is the exchange of thoughts and idea's. The interaction of people from around the world with a common interest. If this was just a information source like wikipedia with no interaction of people, I'd find a new place. Infact, I'm looking for one now. With crabby old guys chasing newb's off every chance they get, this will be a gost forum in no time.

I'm on several other boards. The 914club.com is by far the nicest group of people I've met. The board is run on a garage type forum. You can discuss all kinds of things related or not related to the little car. Some of you crabby old dudes could take some Geritol and learn something about being friends from the 914 guys.For most of use, this is an escape from other A holes we have to deal with face to face on a daily basis. Maybe I'm all wrong here, but I actually enjoy working on cars. If I ask a newb question and you don't want to answer, don't. Have a nice holiday everyone!
    Who say's Aliens only abduct people?

Yeah, we are all noobs once.

One newbie tip I'm surprised I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is to go to Bruno's E34 site http://www.bmwe34.net/ & read through the Maintenance, Upgrades & Troubleshooting catagories. This site is invaluable to any E34 owner & should be required reading before posting questions about mechanical problems.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast