GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Turned off by some of the newbies...

i smoke crak in an earlier or later life...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

You guys are great. I was ROFL. I wrote this as a check-up of the forum as there is more "noise" than usual. Upset, no, not really. The forum is great and successful; as the saying goes, "a victim of its own success." However, we can still do what we can to maintain and uphold the mission of helping other dedicated BMW e34 owners.

Again, I want to welcome the new members. I also want to push you newbies to a high standard of knowledge and understanding of these beloved e34s. I want to help! It just gets more difficult to look through all the threads. Nobody is actually getting on my nerves. Again, there is information to learn from everyone. I just want to be able to get to the actual problems the e34s have and help those that are commited to conserving and improving them.

Cheers.
    Brandon J

you were just being grumpy.. confess
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

It's okay. I'll pinch hit for the newbies the first time

If it gets REAL bad, I'll break out this one...

:: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

A newbie, is an e34 enthusiast in the making. What better place, to cultivate enthusiasts.

Default Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon J
    You guys are great. I was ROFL. I wrote this as a check-up of the forum as there is more "noise" than usual. Upset, no, not really. The forum is great and successful; as the saying goes, "a victim of its own success." However, we can still do what we can to maintain and uphold the mission of helping other dedicated BMW e34 owners.

Again, I want to welcome the new members. I also want to push you newbies to a high standard of knowledge and understanding of these beloved e34s. I want to help! It just gets more difficult to look through all the threads. Nobody is actually getting on my nerves. Again, there is information to learn from everyone. I just want to be able to get to the actual problems the e34s have and help those that are commited to conserving and improving them.

Cheers.
    This is a great thread. Brandon you are right on. For all the n00b aviation engineers that need to ask how to fix a clunk or how they can stick on some carbon bits but can't spell or understand quite what your post was on about, there are fifty others that would tell you they think the things you've done are really cool. Your thread was no bitching session, but a wake up call. I've even proposed rules a while back, and still reckon some common decency ones might help, even if they upset Jeff should he feel incapable of navigating them during his various states of inebriation

What underscores this point is the increasing prevalance of peeps that come along and demand to know stuff without any @#$%!! manners, as if no-one ever taught them any and we owed them something. With such n00bs I have no patience. They may need to learn better but I am (we are?) ill-prepared to teach them such things. If they get no/bad help tough luck. The problem is, that due to the number of people online here they do and it fouls up the space with useless spats, prejudice and disinformation that waste's every member's time. So yes the space is very, very valuable.

Brandon's (and others) worry that good, experienced members can be turned away by the level of apparent indecency (ie 'noise') is an important point that has been made many times before. Usage of the board is expanding and (as any large community does) it needs some rules, plain and simple.

Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

its all secret patience training for working on M60s in a space designed for the mighty M30
    Gone but not forgotten

You got guys with photoshoped sigs of cats wackin off and you're worried about having to answer a couple more questions about lifetime fluid?

I don't get it...

go to Thailand and for 5 bux a lady will show you! do a search man!!!

No problem with Space or Software or Bandwidth. Post away.

And on the topic of newbies, yes, use the search, and yes lets help everyone we can, and yes let's show patience. It's a communication board, lets communicate, and contribute. Newbies can contribute as well by posting links to previous threads you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Is there an issue with the board's software or the host accounts bandwidth? That's another story.Maybe people are under the impression posting something , anything is of no consequence whatsoever. If space here is precious and costly .

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast