GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rear heated seats, massage device? heated steering wheel?

Default rear heated seats, massage device? heated steering wheel?

anyone have any information on these mods?

1) rear heated seats
    2) massage device for front or rear seats
    3) heated steering wheel

Thanks,
    Ron 94 530i

Check MTV's "Pimp My Ride" for more information.

I suppose you could do it, but I think it would be very difficult. You'd have to install heating elements/wires through the seats and the steering wheel.

Seriously, I have never heard of anyone here doing those mods.

I'm interested to see the responses/ideas you get. Wish I could help.
    dave b
    93 525i
    156k +

here is a link how to do it.

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/12

and here is the heater element.
    http://www.ipdusa.com/ProductsCat.as...982&RootID=629

any comments?

Ron
    94 530i

Default There are some unused power harnesses underneath the rear seat

Some E32 7ers had heated, reclining seats with power headrests.

There are a couple of unused power harnesses under the rear seat by the relay/fuse panel. I would assume these were for european available options like heated rear seats, electric rear headrests, and electric rear sunblinds. Buy the heating elements and switches. Sew the heating elements in to the rear seat (that's how it is supposed to be done), and find 30A power source that is triggered on and off by ignition. Wire them all up and you are off and running. I think rear seat heating is a waste in an E34 sedan b/c there really isn't enough room in the back seat for passengers to get comfy anyway. I rarely have more than 1 passenger. In fact, I guesstimate that 75% of the miles I put on are solo, and 22% are with another person (my g/f) and 3% are with people in the backseats.

good point, the wife usually seats in the back though since the babyseat is back there.

have to admit I am a fan of MTV's "Pimp my Ride"....laugh pretty hard when I watch that show. Yeah those guys do pimp 'em out but they are some talented car guys.
    They added one of those massage seats...passenger front...to a chick's Civic that they pimped out...haha.
    As an old guy I am not a big fan of all the electronics....mostly DVD stuff...why? Prefer to watch movies at home or in a theater....same goes for X-box.
    A kickin stereo is a good thing tho. Love the new wave all the gearhead shows on cable...some real talented car builders out there....good to bring it to the public. While on the subject I am getting caught up in the latest "high rev Tuner" phase....what all the kids are getting into...and why not...the way to go IMHO. As Brock Yates wrote in a recent Car and Driver...this is the new wave of hot rodders and here to stay. Couldn't agree more. Love the little 4 valve 4 banger gas stingy high rev cars...a blast to drive, fun to modify and won't break the bank. These little tuner cars have been around for a few years now...but escalating gas prices are really making them popular and agree with Brock that this trend isn't going to change anytime soon.
    George
    George

Default Ahh.....now I understand

So she sits on the passenger side with the front passenger seat moved far forward. Makes sense. You can use a multi-meter to easily test for currents with ignition on and off. I had an upholsterer add heating elements to my drivers seat when I had it recovered upon purchase. I bought the BMW parts from a dealer (didn't know much about BMA at the time) and they wired up well.

Scott...I didn't know you did that to your seat. How much was it to reupholster your driver seat?...how much of the leather did you replace?
    Geo

lets just steal the seats from a 745iL and weld them in. Heated, air conditioned, uber power everything....

Default Love 'Pimp My Ride' as well...

... amazing what $20,000 of stereo stuff will do for a $200.00 car. Wish they would take on my ride someday. Could use a new stereo and some gullwing doors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    have to admit I am a fan of MTV's "Pimp my Ride"....laugh pretty hard when I watch that show. Yeah those guys do pimp 'em out but they are some talented car guys.
    They added one of those massage seats...passenger front...to a chick's Civic that they pimped out...haha.
    As an old guy I am not a big fan of all the electronics....mostly DVD stuff...why? Prefer to watch movies at home or in a theater....same goes for X-box.
    A kickin stereo is a good thing tho. Love the new wave all the gearhead shows on cable...some real talented car builders out there....good to bring it to the public. While on the subject I am getting caught up in the latest "high rev Tuner" phase....what all the kids are getting into...and why not...the way to go IMHO. As Brock Yates wrote in a recent Car and Driver...this is the new wave of hot rodders and here to stay. Couldn't agree more. Love the little 4 valve 4 banger gas stingy high rev cars...a blast to drive, fun to modify and won't break the bank. These little tuner cars have been around for a few years now...but escalating gas prices are really making them popular and agree with Brock that this trend isn't going to change anytime soon.
    George
    George

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast