GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: recommendation for carpet cleaning place?

Default recommendation for carpet cleaning place?

I'm looking for a good, effective car wash place in the Bay Area that can do an excellent job on carpet cleaning. My carpet is filled with stains that haven't been cleaned for 4 years. I need someone who can really remove these stains. Any recommendation is highly appreciated.

Jeremy,
    Don't know if you are aware or not but those carpet cleaners that do home carpets also have a wand attachments to do upholstery and cars,Coit and the likes. They also have special chemicals that usually get out the most stubborn stains.
    I'm sure a good sum of their fee is in "house call" , what I would do is see if they have booked someone in your vacinity and see if they might cut you a deal if you were to meet them at that location.
    HTH
    Mike

mikey535im...........1991 535im , Schwarz , H&R/Boge gas ,17" Style 10's , EAT Chipped :eek: Colorful Colorado

Rick L Guest

Default Go to Autozone and pickup a can of "Tuff Stuff"

Go to Autozone and pickup a can of "Tuff Stuff" multi-purpose foam cleaner. This stuff does wonders! I use it to clean my carpet and it works great on stains.

Default Zep carpet cleaner from Home Depot works great for

stains. Then, put oxi-clean in a spray bottle and spray on, and blot with dry rags. I've been happy with the results using this method.
    Mike S.
    1992 535iM black/black
    1997 540iM white/gray
    Retired: 89 535iA, 85 318i

<<Support your local autobahn, stay out of the left lane!>>

use a professional carpet cleaning "extractor" to clean your auto carpets....a $1000 piece of equipment to buy outright. Stop into Home Depot's rental department and they rent extractors and the chemicals to clean your carpets. This is the most thorough method of cleaning your carpets be it home or auto. If you can, find one with steam capability like a Rug Doctor. A little known fact is cleaning is exponentially proportional to temperature of solution....not unlike getting grime out of your cloths in the wash. Be sure to check for color fastness in an obscure place on your carpet before you really crank up the heat however.
    HTH,
    George

Default i find that.....

the rug doctor things are worthless for cleaning cars.....why you ask? because the upholstery attachment that one has to rent to do their cars does little more than spray the solution on and suck it off. I'm talking about the upright rug doctor that has a push/pull along handle like a vacuum cleaner. the only way that i got decent results with that machine was to make small batches of solution, heat them up in a microwave in a milk jug, and use them right away....yes, if it hasn't been cleaned in a while, you'll pull a lot of crap up, and it is better than nothing, but the result could be emulated using a high pressure hand sprayer bottle with the solution and a shop vac. im thinking of buying one of the little upholstery scrubbers by dirt at wal mart, the one that goes for about 35 dollars, as it has two scrubber brushes, is electrically powered (no battery) and a decent sized solution tank. most carpet cleaners don't have any scrub mechanism on the upholstery attachment. i could just microwave the solution and put it into the dirt , and net decent results, methinks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default Have you ever heard of punctuation? Makes it easier to read.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    the rug doctor things are worthless for cleaning cars.....why you ask? because the upholstery attachment that one has to rent to do their cars does little more than spray the solution on and suck it off. I'm talking about the upright rug doctor that has a push/pull along handle like a vacuum cleaner. the only way that i got decent results with that machine was to make small batches of solution, heat them up in a microwave in a milk jug, and use them right away....yes, if it hasn't been cleaned in a while, you'll pull a lot of crap up, and it is better than nothing, but the result could be emulated using a high pressure hand sprayer bottle with the solution and a shop vac. im thinking of buying one of the little upholstery scrubbers by dirt at wal mart, the one that goes for about 35 dollars, as it has two scrubber brushes, is electrically powered (no battery) and a decent sized solution tank. most carpet cleaners don't have any scrub mechanism on the upholstery attachment. i could just microwave the solution and put it into the dirt , and net decent results, methinks.

i had 2 10 page papers to write last night, and a 20 page one for someone else that I had to edit, and only slept from 6am-8am this morning, so my ability to afford the the luxury of giving a crap about my punctuation is lacking, none the less, lets look at my punctuation.

six missed capitalizations to begin sentences, but periods with two spaces following to end sentences. I take it you've looked at my user name, and observed that i didn't bother to capitalize proper nouns in that instance either?? Perhaps I don't care. I guess i could see how someone might not know where the sentence ends.......

two PROPER uses of ellipses

two run on sentences/comma splices

one missed apostrophe

methinks you protest too much for a free forum.
    Last edited by ryan roopnarine; 04-06-2004 at 09:00 AM.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

agree with Ryan on this one. Shut the f#ck up Black 535i. Its always the guys that have nothing to offer that criticize. Ryan if anything is one of the more gramatically correct posters on the board. Many of us that try to contribute don't spend time scrutinizing our own sentence structure because of time constraint. The reason we can't criticize your syntax Black 535i is because you don't post anything substantive to consider.
    George

Default Then I will stop all postings from now on then. Sorry to...

...offend all the babies who can't take criticism. You all criticize MR. CAPS a few weeks ago but when someone has trouble with one of your little friends, then all hell breaks loose. I'll just lurk anonymously and have my fun from the outside then. So much for helping each other and trying to get someone to write in a manner that one can read without getting a headache from a run on sentence. Too bad you yanks or whatever you are cannot take a little constructive criticism without showing arrogance and a bullying attitude. Bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by George M
    agree with Ryan on this one. Shut the f#ck up Black 535i. Its always the guys that have nothing to offer that criticize. Ryan if anything is one of the more gramatically correct posters on the board. Many of us that try to contribute don't spend time scrutinizing our own sentence structure because of time constraint. The reason we can't criticize your syntax Black 535i is because you don't post anything substantive to consider.
    George

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast