GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: new vw convert.

Default new vw convert.

greetings to you all. just wanted to drop by and say hello.

saturday i put down half the payment on my 95 525i and i'm totally ecstatic.
    check her out at qcars.com. in two weeks when the bank finally takes the hold off my money, i'll take delivery of my newest mistress.

i've been in the vw scene for years, with a couple of jettas and a scirocco. i felt it was time to take the step up the ladder, and i've never been happier.

she's pretty much perfect in and out, with hid (aftermarket if i'm not mistaken. didn't come from the factory, did it?) and all the options.

anyway, i suppose i can now close my vwvortex account and move over here.

I'm in love with VW's too! But there's no comparison to the ultimate driving machine

Any pics of the old 'dubs?
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMPower
    I'm in love with VW's too! But there's no comparison to the ultimate driving machine

Any pics of the old 'dubs?
    naw, i never had a digital camera. but you can bet i'll be purchasing one for show n tell. plus the girlfriend wants one [wink]. used to be in reno auto werks and the site had some fotos, but i'm pretty sure that's down...

i thought about the 530 but decided the 24 valve would probably get better mileage. no v8 for me, i'd like to be able to afford to insure her. and i'm done driving like a maniac. that scirocco sure was fun in the turns, though. i liked that thing better than either of my jettas, which were both pretty nice.

so does anybody have any advice on the order of upgrades i should take? i've been all over bmwe34.net and i don't want to go too drastic. probably just a chip (eat i hear is the best) and exhaust to start. i'd like to get the ride height a little lower and stiffen up the frame in a few months, and i think that's as far as i'll take it. unless i run across a box of money on the sidewalk and go supercharged, which i'm not holding my breath for.

i was getting 20.5mpg city driving this afternoon, and 33.1mpg highway 2 weeks ago. and no that is not typical of my normal driving style, but its not babying it either.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Welcome!

If im not mistaken, these are the pics of her... correct?

Nice Paint!!!

Lovely Engine

Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

don't worry about the exhaust, it won't really do much except improve the sound. performance gains are minimal at best. use that money on the suspension setup... shocks/springs/sway bars.

order of mods: clear tail lights. euro trim. then Koni/Eibach combination, with 26/20mm swaybars. next, wheels/tires, and stereo, and hot damn you have a sick ride. then you can bitch about the lack of oomph and slap a supercharger on there

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

those are in fact pix of my new obsession. thank you for the compliments, i'll pass them along and like any (slightly) older lady, she'll be more than appreciative.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    don't worry about the exhaust, it won't really do much except improve the sound. performance gains are minimal at best. use that money on the suspension setup... shocks/springs/sway bars.

order of mods: clear tail lights. euro trim. then Koni/Eibach combination, with 26/20mm swaybars. next, wheels/tires, and stereo, and hot damn you have a sick ride. then you can bitch about the lack of oomph and slap a supercharger on there
    so yeah, i read about the exhaust... somewhere (probably bmwe34.net while i should have been in class).
    and what is involved in euro trim?
    keeping the wheels, but i'll find some kickass tires. michelins on now, not bad.
    stereo - i'm pulling out that lame cd changer and giving it to my buddy. then i gotta find something that will control my ipod. nothing like two weeks worth of drivin' music!

as for the suspension, i've got quite a bit or research to do on that, but we'll see what i come up with. i'm new here, but i do know how to use the search! i'm not gona take her to the track ever, so it's mostly just for looks.

okay, if i get caught on these forums during class again, it's my butt! thanks for all the compliments and for making a new dude feel welcome!

Euro trim is one of the cleanest and cheapest upgrades you can do. Notice the orange and red reflectors on your side trim in front of the front tires and behind the rear tires? Here's what it looks like with euro trim, and just note its a matter of sliding plastic out and another piece in its place:

The euro trim consists of 4 pieces, one for each corner.
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

Oh the things I could do to that motor

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Oh the things I could do to that motor
    oh, i bet you could. you don't keep that beast exactly... discrete. but i've got to get to know the girl before i start taking advantage of her, haven't i? we'll see where our relationship goes and maybe we'll take it to the next level...