GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Check out my intercooler piping.

Default Check out my intercooler piping.

Hey guys, just finished up the intercooling pipe. I am serious when I say that the ONLY thing left to do on this turbo setup is oil drain to the oil pan. Im just chicken to drill a hole in it while on the car, I don't want metal shavings in my engine.

That is the pipe from the intercooler outlet all the way up to the throttle body. Its a single piece which is quite clever in my opinion because I will never have to worry about a silicone coupler blowing off somewhere I cannot reach. Most kits have like 10 sections of pipe all coupled together - I thought this was a better approach. All I do is snack it up thru the AC drier hole for the turbo outlet and to the intercooler, then up the charcoal filter area and to the throttle body. You can see the flange for the blow off valve

You need to hone your welding skill. It's a little sloppy. At least ground out some weld to make it look a little nicer.
    '01 540it, 6/01
    '03 325i 5 speed, 9/02
    '10 535ix. 9/09
    '10 mini 6 speed
    '15 mini countryman 6 speed

Oh Hell.......I think he'll make up for his welding with the "GO" portion of this equation. He can always fab up a nice aluminum one at a later date. That effort on the bench will fly just fine for now or always for that matter.
    Better use a "hump hose" in there somewhere though Jon !! It doesent need to be FULLY ridgid, but you know that.
    ,..............V'
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk

Jon, that looks great! I assume the intercooler is going to occupy the space left open by the A/C condensor. I'd be interested in your thoughts on the possibilities or options for setting up a FMIC while keeping the A/C...if I ever have the money to do a big hair dryer, I'd like to do it while retaining the A/C on the Touring, and I just don't like Water/Air intercoolers.

AC cannot stay.. just simply wont work Once its in the car i will show why.

I am not going to use a hump hose because I want to keep the pipes from rubbing the chassis

Nice work Jon! I am impressed, especially considering your self-proclaimed welding experience!
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

possibly a silly question, but why wouldent you grind down those welds a little bit to make them look smoother?
    otherwise everthing looks great and you did a better job welding then i could of

nah when someone is bitching about the welds you tell them to look closer then slam the hood into the back of their head, they look ok to me, butt welding muffler pipe without burning though with a small mig is not that easy, i see the little lincoln on the floor, flux core or gas?

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    possibly a silly question, but why wouldent you grind down those welds a little bit to make them look smoother?
    otherwise everthing looks great and you did a better job welding then i could of
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Thats our little flux machine we used this: