GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who bought items from German ebay?

Default Who bought items from German ebay?

I am interested in buying rare old wheels... they seem so cheap and I want them... can you help or advise? I don't speak german... only using free online translator.

Bidding is normal per eBay, but that's not the real problem.

Payment among Germans is a piece of cake, as is shipping. However, for you to send money there and have the stuff shipped here, it could be nettlesome and a pita for the shipper.

PayPal may have an answer for this, and DHL may be best for shipping, but it will not be cheap.

Before bidding, ask the German seller if he is OK with your bidding and the consequent payment and shipping issues. Most Germans speak some english.

If he has a PayPal account, that would help enormously.

Default Yes

I bought items in ebay Germany a couple of times. I just write them in english (most of the time asking for a way to pay and for shipping cost), and they answer in english also. Check that you have a way to pay them, because most of them don use paypal/bidpay or another web based payment.

Cheers,

Jose

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    I am interested in buying rare old wheels... they seem so cheap and I want them... can you help or advise? I don't speak german... only using free online translator.

what is your method of shipping? what is the cheapest shipping method you know of?

DHL usually. it's been said already but... make sure they accept paypal. always ask first, in english, if they will ship to the US. sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not....

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Ahh... crap... pickup only... Anyone in Germany?

You'd still have to get it shipped here.

DHL goes, but I had a very bad experience with them: Bought a BMW motorcycle engine in crate, and paid shipping plus an extra $20 for extra shipping insurance. The crate arrived with obious damage from a fork lift, as noted by the DHL claims guy the very next day. $650 damage to the engine, DHL acknowledged the crate damage and the extra shipping insurance, but never paid me a damn dime.

if you can wait a few weeks organise a freight company to do it for you by sea (container) I was looking and it was going to cosy 130 us to ship four wheels and tires from Hamburg to Wellington NZ!There are other charges ie from seller to port,ten customs and agriculture...Try ringing a few freight companies that do international freight.They may well do the whole thing for you for one fee!
    Gone but not forgotten

Just as an example 10 kg Germany to USA (unfortunately you do not indicate where you live). Price is between 42 and 191!!!! EURO.
    http://www.posttip.de/paket-rechner/...top4&x=40&y=11

I usually order the cheapest way Paket International, that takes 10-12 days to Japan. But in this case the sender has to bring the parcel to the post office. DHL is owned by the German Postal Services.

Midway for 97 EURO is including pick-up.

yea, i got a nice response in english. And I just responded back in regards to the question about shipping.
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast