GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: car waxin

Default car waxin

hi guys
    car has lost its shine when i wax it it comes up but can still see what looks like rain marks i"ve been told it is the laquar that has deteriated i"ve used t-cut(the 2 k one) tried turtle wax and most recent auto glym super resin
    can anyone recommend some thing to help
    thanks

i think i know what you may need...

i bought my car from this jackass that left the car out next to sprinklers and in the sun....so everyday the car got sprinklered on and then dried in the sun...so i got hard water calcium deposits all over the car...

you should try and use a paintcleanser...

something not tooooo abrasive that will take the clear coat off...but will clean off the ish you have on there....

also if there is oxidation you cant use a paint cleanser because it will take the remaining paint off...

i will give you the name of the brand i used later....its at my house...and im at my wifes house right now...
    1990 BMW 525i m20 SOHC 5-speed 140k miles, black on black, stoc
    http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/tyson_m.jpg

MAN WHAT?!?!...

Everyone has to go on U-Tube and watch mike tyson interview

Nothing you do by hand will take the clear off, so you dont have to worry about that. But it sounds like what you're talking about is acid rain, the only way to get it off would be to wetsand and buff. You could probably hide it a little with a cleaner wax and glaze hand applied. If it really bothers you that much, take it to a GOOD detail shop and get an estimate, but from the sounds of it, if there is any clear left on there, its going to cost you ~$200 or possibly more depending on how much of the car needs to be wetsanded
    '92 536i (m30)
    '88 535i

t-cut is a waste of time , you need some farclea g10 on a mop

$6 for a clay bar (car detailing one!) and see if that makes a difference. If so, it's worth the investment. If not, then to a pro detailer to cut it for you.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Clay bar did a very good job on my car. I couldn't believe the crap that came off.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    $6 for a clay bar (car detailing one!) and see if that makes a difference. If so, it's worth the investment. If not, then to a pro detailer to cut it for you.
    I would also suggest locating someone with a random orbital buffer or purchase one from Lowes and some good polishes.

Checkout www.detailersclub.com for some helpful information and read the Detailing 101 Article.

Clay bar takes contaminants off the surface of the paint, it will do nothing for oxidation or acid rain
    '92 536i (m30)
    '88 535i

Meguires Cleaner wax, it's cheap and very effective. I use it all the time, try it, it is worth it. If it doesn't look good the first time, go at it another. You'll be suprised at the results, as I am everytime

Pat