GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: vacuum line locations

Default vacuum line locations

I'm trying to diagnose a weird hissing/whirring sound coming from my engine. My shop thinks that it might be my idler pulley or compressor about to go south, but I'd like to start with the "easy" stuff and look into some of the vacuum hoses. Where are they on the M50 non-VANOS?

fiill in your f_cking information as where on the planet you live and what model car? read the ****ing only sticky on this forum and then post!
    edit: please dont read the bad words.
    Last edited by 632 Regal; 08-02-2006 at 08:44 PM.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

i dont see any bad words.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

As long as we're bashing the noobs...

Sheesh. Lift the lid, listen and look. Listen for where the noise is coming from. Look for vacuum lines. Why is it some folks expect other folks to do all the bloody work for them? Use logic and common sense, and if you don't have either one, sell your bimmer to someone who can tell a hose from a hole, buy a goddamn new Toyota, bend over, and let the dealership screw you on a weekly basis.

1997 535i V8
    5spd, OBC, A/C, cruise, BMW phone, factory M-Tech wheel & suspension, 18" Alpinas

to the OP: without bashing you. do you own a Bentley manual? if not, it is imperative that you spend the 35 or 40 dollars on it. and, you do need to fill out your profile. that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

You guys are ****ing great. I love you all, too. Profile info filled, not that the topic wasn't specified in the subject line and not that my engine was exactly specified in the body. Not that this isn't my third Bimmer, one of which included an '88 M3 whose engine I rebuilt my ****ing self. Not that I didn't search the forum first, like I learned to do 12 years ago when I discovered Usenet.

Oh well, the sticky also talks about thick skin and no flaming. My apologies for breaking the rules. Don't take my "****ings" personally. Nothing personal, and I hope my honest request for info that I couldn't find in my Bentley didn't offend the forum gods too much.

bookmark this link
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do...938848d4d39ea1
    helps a lot, you will find nice explosion view drawings here based on your VIN number.

Quote Originally Posted by blee
    You guys are ****ing great. I love you all, too. Profile info filled, not that the topic wasn't specified in the subject line and not that my engine was exactly specified in the body. Not that this isn't my third Bimmer, one of which included an '88 M3 whose engine I rebuilt my ****ing self. Not that I didn't search the forum first, like I learned to do 12 years ago when I discovered Usenet.

Oh well, the sticky also talks about thick skin and no flaming. My apologies for breaking the rules. Don't take my "****ings" personally. Nothing personal, and I hope my honest request for info that I couldn't find in my Bentley didn't offend the forum gods too much.
    You tell those rat bastards!
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

Default Thanks Shogun...

for the link. I'm new to the BMW world and have been bookmarking links since before picking up the car. To date, this one is one of the most useful.