GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ::.. Kill switch recommendation

Default ::.. Kill switch recommendation

When I bought the car, I noticed there was a on/off switch in an interesting location in the car. It was obviously aftermarket, and doesn't do ejector seat, NOS or anything. I traced it and it's not hooked up. The switch is in the drivers (left) side. I'd like to hook it up as a kill switch of sorts... perhaps the fuel pump? What's the easiest to connect it to and most effective, given it's position to the left side of the driver? The operative word probably being easy... not having to run wires through the firewall or anything
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

hmm...if nobody knows about it you could maybe hook it up to ignition...the button must be switched on in order start the car...useful if you get carjacked (knock on wood) turn off the switch as you get pulled out the car lol...or if it sits in a lot, perhaps longterm airport parking lot...etc etc

Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

dude, that's a great idea! I'd have to say that idea is "Golden"!

Ignition 'may' be a little too easy. Anyway... this means I'll have to deduce what wire it is going from the steering column through the firewall right? I already CODE everytime I park

my CRAZY... (well maybe not , but its implementation is) idea was as following.

the kill switch simultaneously kills power to both the fuel pump and DME relays, and disables the wire going to position 4 in the ignition.

the wiring would have to be VERY discreet and stock looking, hidden away in line with the stock wiring harness, and the switch would have to be in an uncommon location, perhaps under a piece of carpeting with a little plastic cover on it somewhere, or behind the brake pedal O_o

for YOUR application however, the starter position wire would probably be the best option, since its RIGHT THERE and all you need to do is splice a single wire, done.

That would only protect the car against someone who has the key and the car is off, you could wire a reverse momentary switch right next to it to disengage the run position wire and kill the car during a carjacking by hitting them both... the thief would have no idea wtf is going on.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Starter position wire... I'll dig in the Bentley, but is it a standard color and location for this?

I think the CODE shuts off the fuel pump...
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I think the CODE shuts off the fuel pump...
    I'm pretty sure about that as well.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Quote Originally Posted by Macv
    I'm pretty sure about that as well.
    Granted, CODE can be bypassed with a little bit of time. With a kill switch, they'll have to find the break... so it's not common knowledge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast