GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Sports Exhaust question

Default Sports Exhaust question

Hi Folks,

I think Im going to buy a sports back box ( muffler ) for my car... Ive found a supersprint one that I fancy. I want to hear that straight 6 sing !

What I want to know is changing the rear muffler on my M50 2.5 going to make quite a difference to the sound? Id like it to be a bit louder , just wondered if that back muffler alone was enough.

Has anybody here put on the supersprint back box alone ?

Can anybody in the UK recommend a cheap and quality type of exhaust and place to get it ? Or even in the USA if shipping to UK isnt too dear !

Thanks
    Rory.
    Last edited by Rory525; 07-30-2006 at 12:26 PM.

1991 BMW 525i sport manual, BBTB, Mintex Extreme Pads, Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs,Viper2 chip, //M5 Replica.

I changed my rear muffler to a universal one, welded the pipes myself. The sound is louder and deeper, but not too loud, if you know what i mean.
    Eurospec-12/1988-535iL-M30B35-5speed

depending on the quality and construction of the muffler it can be anywhere from quiet or annoyingly loud
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

i have a catback b&b tri-flow exhaust. runs about $900. produces a low mellow tone, not ricey loud or throaty either. i'd like to run straight pipes from manifold all the way back to a borla muffler. i think it'll get a more throaty tone that way.

without a resonator it may get raspy, maybe painfully so

Quote Originally Posted by hatched91
    i have a catback b&b tri-flow exhaust. runs about $900. produces a low mellow tone, not ricey loud or throaty either. i'd like to run straight pipes from manifold all the way back to a borla muffler. i think it'll get a more throaty tone that way.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Ive decided to go for a Supersprint cat back system, its had lots of good reviews on all the bmw forums I read. Dont think I saw anybody complain about it.

Most people say sounds nice without being too loud. Thats what Im hoping

1991 BMW 525i sport manual, BBTB, Mintex Extreme Pads, Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs,Viper2 chip, //M5 Replica.