GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat pic

Default Seat pic

How does this look for an 11 year old leather seat? I've done just one Leatherique Restore Oil/Prestene Clean treatment so far.Think i can expect the slight craking that's not actually cracking to look less distressed after a few more treatments?

1995 540i Manual build 1/95

Terrible... want to sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by hakwuzhere
    Terrible... want to sell them?
    Ha! Sure everything has its price. I can always just stuff a BeanBag in its place right ?Maybe epoxy it to the carpet...Yah , hell i'll just give 'em to ya...

Don't give them to him. Give them to me and I'll even buy the beanbag!
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

How much did the Leatherique kit you used cost?
    1990 Islandgrun 535iM Sedan

3k oil changes | Euro lights + trim | Eibach/Bilstein | EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMPower
    How much did the Leatherique kit you used cost?
    $45.00 shipped. 16 Oz's of each. I bought a spray bottle for each .Vacuumed and wiped the seats clean, didn't use any soap or detergent first. Sprayed on the Rejuvinator oil and rubbed in in with my bare hand getting it down in between the base and backs, front and back and let it sit for about 5 hours in 90 degree heat windows up.Then i sprayed on the Prestene Clean and wiped that in with a clean lint free towel. It seems to react with the what remains on the surface of the leather of the Rejuvinator oil and leaves the seats just ever so slightly tacky to touch but it dries relatively quickly . I was able to drive the car shortly after finishing that.I think my leather surface was a bit hardened and the info indicates i might need to use their prepping agent with some fine grit sandpaper to have the leather be able to absorb the Rejuvinator oil so if after the next application maybe this weekend i haven't got substantially softer leather I'll buy the prepping agent and another 16 Oz's each other the Rejuvinator and prestene clean.I have seen pictures of some leather seats after regular treatments and they look unbelievably gorgeous.

Ohhh! how much for shipping then? BTW Dibs! cause I called em first!

Heh, the jeleousy springs from the fact that you have E34 sport seats... they look great. Thanks for the brief writeup. Im about to do that to my seats..If I wasnt dropping 6k in my car this month I would consider making you an offer on the seats.

That price included shipping. Came in about two or three days.I am merely indulging good humor,i have no need or desire to sell or give away the seats but you should be jealous because they are really sooooo snuggly comfy and versatile.I like them with the front angled up tilting me back and the back reclined while on a long highway cruise. Just pop on the Cruise control and be transported with the , what is it , 10 speaker premium sound system, Alpine head unit 6 CD changer... heavenly. Or if i need to negotiate a lot of turns I'm bolt upright and in command of the road.Oh, did i mention i have the memory and heated options? Can you just swap to these if you found a set without any serious modification?
    Last edited by Jehu; 07-27-2006 at 10:29 PM.

heat would be relatively easy memoory would not
    Gone but not forgotten

where did you get the kit at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast