GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E34: headlight auto off?

Default E34: headlight auto off?

Long time no see.

I got my E34 back and am using it for around town stuff (the state bought me a car for work). One thing that has always irked me was that the E34 headlights won't turn off when I turn the car off. My Volvo did it and the wife's Honda does it also.

Is there a way to rig these so they'll go off with I turn the vehicle off? The lights will go off and leave the running lights on but I'd like for them to go totally off.

Why?
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Why not? Lots of cars turn auto turn the lights off.

oh wow. i thought you had sold your car and bought a mini cooper in september.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

I did. I missed the 5 on long trips, the Mini is ok but it's nothing like the E34. Carrying a bike and 3 surfboards on the roof of a Mini is, well, interesting.

eh? your lights should go off when you turn off the car. Mine do it, and I don't think I have any special rig going on...

Unless you meant something else. I probably misread or something, your post sounds suspiciously simple...

I think he meant he turns the car off with the headlights on, the headlights themselve shut down, but the running lights stay on. What he wants is the running lights to go off also.

It would be cool to have it set up like newer cars. If the headlights are on, you shut off your car and the headlights and running lights stay on for 10 or so seconds then shut off.

I'm sure it can be done by someone electrically inclined and a little creative wiring.

Guess this could be done hooking the headlights up to the same relay for the interior dome lights. Maybe?
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Quote Originally Posted by wjbell
    I think he meant he turns the car off with the headlights on, the headlights themselve shut down, but the running lights stay on. What he wants is the running lights to go off also.
    Bingo! I'll putz around with the wiring, maybe the relays are behind this.

Default Lkm?

would not be happy.

You may need to start from the dash swtich and look at the wiring there first

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast