Well, it's time for my annual post here. Those of you who've been around know me... those that don't...

Anywho... Been putzing around with the 5, and I've gotten an itch to boost the damn thing till she pops... well, just before, anyhow. I installed a Downing Atlanta supercharger on my 318, and would REALLY love to push some pressure on this 535i. 9:1 compression stock, turbo guys are getting 400 wheel torque (~475tq at the motor) with 12-13 psi... these things have potential.

On the 318, the DASC leaves the computer stock. It adapts an Eaton M62 compressor (same one a Mercedes C230 uses) onto a custom-made manifold. This manifold allows you to bolt it straight onto the head, plus it mounts the supercharger and aligns the nose pulley in line with the belt you'll be modifying to power the compressor.

The other option would be to mount it wherever you can, and get some sort of adaptor made up to harness the output air and duct it to the stock manifold.

I'd love to get some sort of custom manifold made up, but obviously there's costs involved for a 1-off production like this. Spreading that over several people would help keep costs down, and if we could come out with a kit to retrofit a supercharger on that's readily available in junkyards nationwide, I think there could be some demand.

Would there be any interest on here from M30 guys in doing something like this? Anyone have any good contacts in the machining world that could make us something like this?

-Tim