GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling the bimmer :(

Default Thinking of selling the bimmer :(

Hey everyone,
    I am thinking of selling my 1995 525i. With 153k miles on it, I think its time to get something a little newer. I am also going to have to begin commuting to work so I need something easier on the wallet, both gas and maintenance-wise. I was thinking about a Toyota Camry (within the last two years or so). Its in very good condition and would come with a full set of snow tires. Thoughts on how much I should price it for? Or should I just keep it? It would be sold in Boston, MA. Thanks everyone!

Brian

Camry = Boring!
    However, a very good car, rarely breaks down and maintenance is cheap.
    Probably a very smart choice if you are looking for a trouble free ride.

Honda Accord is another smart choice.
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Yeah, it is boring but trouble free. Law school debt is crushing me... You should have seen the Mrs. eyes when I suggested getting an A4! She has a Corolla and it runs great, super reliable. I am hoping to at least get the XLE model so that I can still sort of feel like a man. Otherwise, I might as well just pack it all in and get a minivan.

Did you know that the average age of Camry buyers is 52?

p.s. Im not joking
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

AHHHHHHHHHH! OK, help me guys! What should I get instead that is going to be a reasonable price (under $20k or so) and is going to be fun to drive but also reliable and good mileage? Thoughts? Thanks!

A 27 year old Brian

2006 honda civic SI? I swore i would never drive a civic, but it might be the right car for you =D
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

get an E39 528 with 60K miles... an 02
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

Why spend 20k on a new car when your BMW could only cost $500- $1000 a year in repairs if you DIY. If you have done the usual repairs needed by 150k you should be pretty free sailing till 200k.

You say debt is killing you but I see no reason to go further in debt by purchasing a new car.

Default The camry is a good choice, an accord is also a good choice, the

average age of bmw buyers is 48 so those numbers are meaningless. The reason that the camry is in the 50's is thats how old most people are before they aquire the wisdom to buy one. The civic hybrid and or the Prius are also very good choices, unbelievable resale value plus the tax credit plus gas mileage thats going to be right in line with our ever increasing gas prices.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBrian
    AHHHHHHHHHH! OK, help me guys! What should I get instead that is going to be a reasonable price (under $20k or so) and is going to be fun to drive but also reliable and good mileage? Thoughts? Thanks!

A 27 year old Brian

Hmmm, good suggestions. I am trying to stick with low miles if I can, so that I can squeeze as much life out of the car as I can. Why wouldnt you drive a Civic? To me, they seem far to small and I alway associate them either 16 year olds or street racers. And I am neither.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast