GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Wheel questions and help.

Default Wheel questions and help.

I have a 95 540i black on black. Ive been looking at wheels for some time and Ive ordered several just so I could physically look at them before I make my final decision. I think I have it down to two. My problem is I always like this wheel in a color its not available in. For example. I really like the Beyern Mesh wheels but Im not big on the silver, I would much rather have it in a hyperblack with a polished lip, or in the color that the e39 M5 wheels are in. I did find one company that makes a mesh style rim in hyperblack. Axis Pentas are beautiful and I thing they would look bad ass on a black car. But, they only come in 19"s.
    So, here is my concern. If going to a 19" tire recommendations are for a 235/35 19 in front and a 265/30 19 in back. I am affraid that if i were to do 19"s it would ride like ****. A 30 tires scares the crap out of me!
    Is anyone running 19"s. Whats the ride like? Could I go with a 35 tire instead of a 30? I know it would throw speedo off but would it physically fit?
    BMW wheel wells are usually pretty deep anyway but I dont know if a 19 with a larger tire would work or not. So I figured this would be the place to ask.

I can always do an staggered 18. with 40 on front and a 35 on back.....but I cant find what I want in the 18. The Beyern Mesh is the closest thing. I guess I could always custom powdercoat them but Ive done that before and it can be a PITA.

I am not some dumb kid that thinks he has to have huge rims, I just realy like the Axis Pentas and want to know if it will work.

Please give me your opinions, as I know you will set me straight
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I don't speak from experience or anything, but I suspect that 19 inchers will not to do good things for your car.

Wheels can be painted, so don't let color discourage you.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Quote Originally Posted by dbals
    I have a 95 540i black on black. Ive been looking at wheels for some time and Ive ordered several just so I could physically look at them before I make my final decision. I think I have it down to two. My problem is I always like this wheel in a color its not available in. For example. I really like the Beyern Mesh wheels but Im not big on the silver, I would much rather have it in a hyperblack with a polished lip, or in the color that the e39 M5 wheels are in. I did find one company that makes a mesh style rim in hyperblack. Axis Pentas are beautiful and I thing they would look bad ass on a black car. But, they only come in 19"s.
    So, here is my concern. If going to a 19" tire recommendations are for a 235/35 19 in front and a 265/30 19 in back. I am affraid that if i were to do 19"s it would ride like ****. A 30 tires scares the crap out of me!
    Is anyone running 19"s. Whats the ride like? Could I go with a 35 tire instead of a 30? I know it would throw speedo off but would it physically fit?
    BMW wheel wells are usually pretty deep anyway but I dont know if a 19 with a larger tire would work or not. So I figured this would be the place to ask.

I can always do an staggered 18. with 40 on front and a 35 on back.....but I cant find what I want in the 18. The Beyern Mesh is the closest thing. I guess I could always custom powdercoat them but Ive done that before and it can be a PITA.

I am not some dumb kid that thinks he has to have huge rims, I just realy like the Axis Pentas and want to know if it will work.

Please give me your opinions, as I know you will set me straight

19"'s are just too damn big. Jay is spot on when he says it will do bad things to your car (alignment issues, suspension, handling etc). Those wheels are very nice. Bavauto.com sells the Beyern Mesh wheels and they have them in 17" and 18". Give them a call.

Michael
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

Quote Originally Posted by 1995 525i
    Those wheels are very nice. Bavauto.com sells the Beyern Mesh wheels and they have them in 17" and 18". Give them a call.
    I agree, they are nice wheels, but 19's kill it. I'd say 17's would look great if you buy/powdercoat them.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

M-Parallel or Style 5 are the best looking wheels on the E34.. Style 58 is also nice
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

You could also go with Rondells, I have the staggered setup, 18" with 255/40 front, 265/35 rear.
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts