GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dupont Teflon Spray Wax (Pics)

Default Dupont Teflon Spray Wax (Pics)

Yesterday afternoon I drove about an hour outside of center city Philadelphia to a friends place, the entire weekend had been rainy and nasty! I got there and saw my friends car, a 2002 mitsubishi eclipse, lowered, kit, rims, exhaust, cold air, etc... Very nicely done. His car is black also. After eating, on my way out, he wanted to see the latest mods to my car. So we walk outside and I see how HORRIBLY dirty my car was, yet his looked like it had just been washed! I was amazed at the difference. He told me he used this Dupont Spray wax w/Teflon and it worked miracles! Not sure if you guys have seen the commercial where there's a car in a wind tunnel, the scientest throws a bucket of mud on the car, and it bounce right back at him, leaving car spotless. This is that stuff! I figured I'd give it a try. And at only $7-8 bucks a bottle why not?! I also picked up the Dupont spray wheel & tire cleaner w/Teflon, as these wheels are hard to clean/keep clean.

Anyways, I thought I would post a few pics of it now, and a few later in the week after driving around with a Teflon-coated vehicle.

Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Default more...

Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Wow, very nice Jasen. I like the first one in the second post.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

Quote Originally Posted by SchnellE34
    Wow, very nice Jasen. I like the first one in the second post.
    Thanks! Found that little corner under a portion of I 95 near the deleware river.. :-P

So -- this begs the question: if nothing sticks to teflon, how does the teflon stick to your paint?

Just kidding, nice job!

Where did you get it?
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    So -- this begs the question: if nothing sticks to teflon, how does the teflon stick to your paint?

Just kidding, nice job!

Where did you get it?

LOL... :-D Pepboys.

Dupont Teflon Wax = $8
    Dupont Teflon Wheel Cleaner = $7
    4 applicator pads = $4

Total = $19 give or take...

Duragloss seems very good. Cheap at Carquest and NAPA. I tried the bonding agent and the new 105 total protection polish (synthetic sealant) this weekend. I have never seen the finish on my e34 so slick and reflective. Now we shall see about durability. Waxes only last 2-3 weeks in high heat. I expect this stuff to last much longer.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    Duragloss seems very good. Cheap at Carquest and NAPA. I tried the bonding agent and the new 105 total protection polish (synthetic sealant) this weekend. I have never seen the finish on my e34 so slick and reflective. Now we shall see about durability. Waxes only last 2-3 weeks in high heat. I expect this stuff to last much longer.
    Happen to have any pics?

any streaks??? easy to put on and remove? Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowchilla Skunkwerks
    any streaks??? easy to put on and remove? Looks great.
    No streaks, easy for both! By far the easiest wax job i've done. Of course it's just one coat, but wanted to test the effectiveness of the Teflon. If it works as good as I've seen, then I'll step up to a full wax job, with this as the final coat.

Thanks! :-D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast