GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Maintenance results.... I gotta ?

Default Maintenance results.... I gotta ?

I will be interested to get the car on road after all my maintenance efforts today, but it will have to wait. Upon bleeding my clutch, I discovered the master cylinder is toast. This will be my my 3rd mastercyclinder since my manual conversion. The push rod keeps breaking off at the piston inside the unit. I know perhaps one issue, I am using the cheapy FEBI cyclinder and not the original equipment by FAG. So, today I ordered a FAG from BMA. ( Sounds kinda funny doesn't it)

From i can tell there is very little adjustment in the pedal box for for the push rod/clutch master cylinder. Any clue on why these keep breaking?
    JoeS

bent/broken pedal box? seen it happen (not on a e34 but a bmw) something is obviously out of alignment
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

I'm with you Winfred, even the Febi products are of quite good quality and should last.

Default If you don't have the eccentric adjusted just right as seen

here then it can put the rod in a bind when the pedal is in and tend to snap it. I've seen it mostly on 6 series cars.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS
    I will be interested to get the car on road after all my maintenance efforts today, but it will have to wait. Upon bleeding my clutch, I discovered the master cylinder is toast. This will be my my 3rd mastercyclinder since my manual conversion. The push rod keeps breaking off at the piston inside the unit. I know perhaps one issue, I am using the cheapy FEBI cyclinder and not the original equipment by FAG. So, today I ordered a FAG from BMA. ( Sounds kinda funny doesn't it)

From i can tell there is very little adjustment in the pedal box for for the push rod/clutch master cylinder. Any clue on why these keep breaking?
    Last edited by Bill R.; 09-14-2007 at 11:23 PM.