GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DEPO Rear lights - globe connectors won't connect!

Default DEPO Rear lights - globe connectors won't connect!

Hey everyone,

Got a set of DEPO rear euroclears, I got all excited and started unmounting my OEM lights to replace with these euroclears. I got the bulbs out with their little globe connectors that simply click in, tried to click them into the DEPO tail lights and they don't click in!

Short of smashing the DEPO light in frustration, I had a closer look and compared the guides in the hole where the globe goes through, and on the OEM the guide gives you less restriction when trying to click them in.

IE. OEMs go like this __/======, where the slanty bit allows you to turn the connector in a clockwise fashion, and when it goes to the === bit it's clicked in.

The DEPOs go like this ()=====, so it's impossible for the guides to do their work and assist you in clicking in the globe, since theres a big fat ball of plastic you have to overcome, which is nigh on impossible to do so without smashing the light on the ground and punting it across my garage.

Can you sense the frustration?

Anyone got any bloody ideas on how to get these bastards in? I've tried vasoline but that was before I inspected and compared both tail light assemblies.

EDIT: added pic -- apologies for dodgy techniques in Photoshop...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Yiorgos; 07-21-2006 at 04:15 AM.

depos suck man, can you dremmel the plastic part some? Wait til you get constant tail light errors and bust the **** up trying to get them to connect good. did I mention depos suck?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Use a sharp knife and cut an edge on it.

Else, use a pair of locking pliers
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

or a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Use a sharp knife and cut an edge on it.

Else, use a pair of locking pliers
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks for the replies guys.

I was thinking a soldering iron, but some of these ideas are good too. I wasn't sure if a dremmel was a good idea, since the plastic flakes would litter the inside lens area and I don't really feel like filling that with glitter

Here are some high-res photos of the difference:
    BMW OEM rear light globe cavity
    DEPO rear light globe cavity

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to modify these to fit, but it seems like I have to. Oh well, I should have shopped around to find some Hellas instead, huh.

what about a small flat file,there isnt much material to remove is there?
    Gone but not forgotten

Exact same fitment issues with mine. DO NOT try to force them in, when I did that the entire light cracked. I was pissed, but I'm finally getting a replacement light. I used a nail file, and was able to sand down that part until it was at the correct angle. I suggest this method because it's very easy to get one in there, and the shitty plastic will sand right off. Good luck!

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

haha , wow i just had the same problem, just grab a wrench or somthing you can grip the end of the bulb thing with and grip it and just twist, they poped right in, and then after that you can remove and put them back on with no problem,

oh and also i just got depo eyes, can anyone help me install them , cuz it says plug and play but i dunnooooooooooooooo.......haha

Quote Originally Posted by weazman187
    haha , wow i just had the same problem, just grab a wrench or somthing you can grip the end of the bulb thing with and grip it and just twist, they poped right in, and then after that you can remove and put them back on with no problem,

oh and also i just got depo eyes, can anyone help me install them , cuz it says plug and play but i dunnooooooooooooooo.......haha
    WAIT! BEFORE YOU INSTALL THEM! http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=24115
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

man thats a great observation! I didnt even know what them little pictures represented but now I do...lol. I still like the hammer

just today my "depo" projecter fogs got a bulb error, something about 20,000 holes in them. what a bunch of crap man.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiorgos
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I was thinking a soldering iron, but some of these ideas are good too. I wasn't sure if a dremmel was a good idea, since the plastic flakes would litter the inside lens area and I don't really feel like filling that with glitter

Here are some high-res photos of the difference:
    BMW OEM rear light globe cavity
    DEPO rear light globe cavity

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to modify these to fit, but it seems like I have to. Oh well, I should have shopped around to find some Hellas instead, huh.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast