GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: CD Changer trunk mount advice

Default CD Changer trunk mount advice

Hi, I have just purchased the CD Changer for my 95 540i and need to find out where it mounts and what type of mounting brackets I need to get. I have seen pictures where it is mounted under the trunk lid near the back glass and also in a compartment on the left side near the tail lights. I want a factory style set-up so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

On my 95 525i Australian spec, it is mounded in the boot at the top, "hanging" from the "roof" part of the boot (not the lid, behind it where the eye-level stop light bulb is changed). Opening the boot lid, and looking in, it's on the left side.

I think with changes mounted on the side, this is for E34s that have been fitted with M5 boot trim -- don't quote me on that though.

mine also has the cd unit hanging from the parcel shelf on the lhs
    Gone but not forgotten

Default cd changer

Thanks for the information, that's where I'll install it then. Hopefully the mounting holes are there already!

The holes should be there, but there is a special factory bracket for the changer....I'm not sure if you're saying that you have an OEM-equivalent changer or not. Do you have the OEM bracket as well? If you need one, let me know, I think I might still have mine kicking around somewhere.

Check Realoem for the correct part number for mounting in the trunk. Then talk to your dealer for a price and part number verification. There may be two different types of mounting hardware, depending on the BMW cd changer (BMW Alpine or Pioneer). Perhaps at that point see if you can find used or best price.

As other said, there are three or four pre drilled mounting holes under the left side or deck lid in the trunk for the mounting brackets. The wiring harness should be nearbly under the trunk panels

Others may know, but I believe you must have a 95 specific cd changer. others will not work. Good luck
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment