GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I'm talking to Patrick @ BMA

Default So I'm talking to Patrick @ BMA

because I'm doing my annual maintenance on my '95 530i and I've got this hose that runs out of the air box to somewhere down in the depths of the front, right-side of the engine compartment and it's got a gash in it (and has for awhile). I looked at the drawings at Real OEM and even using my VIN, I can't locate what this hose is or where it's going to and what it could be doing while seemingly not suffering from its gash. Please, educate me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 530iBall
    because I'm doing my annual maintenance on my '95 530i and I've got this hose that runs out of the air box to somewhere down in the depths of the front, right-side of the engine compartment and it's got a gash in it (and has for awhile). I looked at the drawings at Real OEM and even using my VIN, I can't locate what this hose is or where it's going to and what it could be doing while seemingly not suffering from its gash. Please, educate me.
    I think it might go to the air pump located in the front bottom of the car. I was going to have mine replaced this week but was informed that its actually not "Neccesary" to have the airpump operate hence, the cable is not a big issue either. (just from what I was told)
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

if you had your location in your profile it might help.

I dont have that hose on mine so I'm siding with Saj about the air pump.
    Does your car have an air pump? I think Cali cars had pumps...
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default Its most likely the one that i have highlighted here, Check and

see if it goes down to the airpump. You can tell Patrick that i gave you this part number

Last edited by Bill R.; 09-14-2007 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    see if it goes down to the airpump. You can tell Patrick that i gave you this part number
    Well it does go down to a gray part (seemingly plastic) that looks (at least from how much I can see of it) like the part pictured in the diagram. What does the air pump do and why isn't on all '95 530i's?

emissions...where are you at?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    emissions...where are you at?
    . I live in Philadelphia but I'm not the original owner.

. I live in Philadelphia but I'm not the original owner.
    I live in Philly too! What area do you live in?
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Interesting.. All the newer BMW's have them now.. At least My '97 E39 528i/5 and my '02 E46 M3 all had the "Secondary Air Pump".
    aka "BMRSEB" - USA

Time to clean that engine bay..
    aka "BMRSEB" - USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast