GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: No error, fog lights not on, high-beams no worky?

Default No error, fog lights not on, high-beams no worky?

Ok, crappy few weeks....travelling down the highway at 100+kmh, changing lanes to behind a transport, only not to see that he was passing over a fresh exploded truck re-tread that nicely banged, clunked and dragged under my whole car...anyway did not think there was any damage at the time, all looked well. Then two days ago, a bird flew into the front of the car, did not think anything of it.
    Now I just noticed yesterday as the GF was pulling out of the driveway that one fog light was hanging out so I just popped it back in. Then noticed the fog lights are not on...flicked switch...nothing, also then notice that the highbeams will not stay on...you can flash them on, but "turning" them on, push lever forward they will not stay on...
    Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Guelphguy
    Ok, crappy few weeks....travelling down the highway at 100+kmh, changing lanes to behind a transport, only not to see that he was passing over a fresh exploded truck re-tread that nicely banged, clunked and dragged under my whole car...anyway did not think there was any damage at the time, all looked well. Then two days ago, a bird flew into the front of the car, did not think anything of it.
    Now I just noticed yesterday as the GF was pulling out of the driveway that one fog light was hanging out so I just popped it back in. Then noticed the fog lights are not on...flicked switch...nothing, also then notice that the highbeams will not stay on...you can flash them on, but "turning" them on, push lever forward they will not stay on...
    Any ideas??
    Looks like a DEAD LKM

Check bmwe34.net It has some pointers about how to fix it

Since I can get the highbeams to come on? No problems with low beams at all? Would that still be LKM?

If your high beams don't work, neither will your fogs. You DID check the high beam circuit for power at the plug right?
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

There is power to the highbeams, the highbeams will come on if I just pull the lever forward (flash mode) but won't stay on in the stay-on push lever mode...if that made any sense. Almost like the signal switch/arm is toast but why would that effect the fog lights?

Default Lkm?

There are seperate relays in the LKM. Both the HB and FG lights at the same time? Not likely. Check fuses and any conection/ wiring arount the front where it could have been hit with debris. Sorry cant help much.
    PI

High beam shuts off fog light.

lkm ussually seem to fail the high beams most often,that how mine worked.
    Gone but not forgotten