GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Hahaha, I R Smert!

Default Hahaha, I R Smert!

Soo when they labeled the Thrust Arm's "L" and "R" did they mean from the drivers POV or if you're facing the car??

Becuase i changed mine about.. a year ago? and for a while now i've been hearing a terrible "BANG" from the front end when i take hard corners.

I always assumed it was the sway bar links. But recently it got worse, so i took off the wheels and looked around.

I think i put my TR's on the wrong sides.. w/steering wheel at center, they're about 1/2'' from the steering tie rods..... maybe less? It doesn't look like they'd touch unless the steering wheel was at lock one way or the other and the suspension flexed. like a hard turn.....

So do i win the idiot of the year award, or is it something else? the side i can actually see physical evidence of them touching is the side with the on-its-way-out Shock. Is the bad shock just allowing too much suspension travel? Everything is tight as a button, bolt wise.

When i say the shock is dead, i mean it sits half an inch-3/4'' lower than the other one. They aren't resting on the bump stops or anything

well you should win some award or something cause I think its almost impossible to switch sides with thrust arms. are the arms hitting the steering linkage causing the noise?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by infinity5
    Soo when they labeled the Thrust Arm's "L" and "R" did they mean from the drivers POV or if you're facing the car??
    Left and right, forward and backward, is always done from the drivers point of view.

It works the same way at the doctor's office, just in case you need a point of reference. Your right side is your right side... no matter who's asking.