GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Installing clear front indicators

Default Installing clear front indicators

Hey everyone,

Just got my set of clear indicators all round, and I am itching to install them. The rear tail lights and the side indicators seem pretty straightforward to install, however I am wondering how to go about putting the fronts on.

Do I have to remove the front grille to take the OEM indicators out? Or are all the bolts etc accessible from under the hood? Has anyone got any instructions on how to do this? Bentley seems to be a little scant on instructions.

Also, does anyone have any ideas on how to make the globes not look like a cracked egg inside the lenses? Can I paint them silver or something?

Sorry for the n00b questions, I am a n00b when it comes to E34s.

Cheers,
    -- Yiorgos

Yiorgo, the corners are a simple remove and replace... get a good flashlight and locate the three screw that hold them in place.

The first two will be easy to find.. the third one will take a bit more searching... notice that four inch piece sticking off the end of your corner? well place the corner next to your fender and envision where the screw would be for that one... you may need a short scrwwdriver to make things easier

kali tihi!
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

I did mine without taking the grille off, the screws are kind of a pain to get at, but you can do it. I just bought "stealth lights", just amber lights painted silver. On the other E34 website I think it mentioned something about painting the stock lights with silver barbeque paint.

Geez you guys are really quick!

Thanks for the info! I'm glad I don't have to remove anything from the outside.

Thanks for the well wishes Evan, kai gia thn voithia

we're quick because we have no lives outside of our cars
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

...and because that was an easy and popular question. my answer is remove the grille and healights for an easier yet more time consuming job.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

get some silver spray paint and tape the copper part and then "dust" the bulb, even if you see some yellow it will look invisible from the outside, too much silver and the bulb will overheat and burn out quick.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

... and I'd say don't remove the grille or lights. That would totally be a pain in the arse. I managed to fit my clears without pulling the headlights or grille... Se how you go.

Not stealing your thunder Schnell... Its just that I am mechanically illiterate, but still managed to change my lenses. If I'd done the whole headlights and grille out method, I would have stuffed something up for sure!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...