GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: staggered BBS Mahle 16" wheels

Default staggered BBS Mahle 16" wheels

Hello,

A set of staggered BBS Mahle 16" wheels fell into my lap and I'm trying to figure out what they fit and what to do with them.

The fronts are 16x7 et11, with 205/55/16 tires.

The rears are 16x8 et24, with 225/50/16 tires.

They look just like the basketweaves on my 1990 535, except they are open lug, and there is a small BBS centercap.

The bolt pattern looks to be 5 x 120.

I was hoping they might fit my 535, but it seems the offset is wrong.

Are they from a E28 ? What is the style number or BBS code?

Anybody interested in these? Wheels appear to be straight, just a little curb rash. Tires are no good. I'm in Los Angeles.

Thanks,

Suede

Here's a photo.

(if I did it right).

Can anyone tell me the BBS style number or letter descriptor of these wheels?

Any idea of what vehicle they fit?

Thank you.

Last edited by Suede; 07-19-2006 at 05:40 PM. Reason: other image host seemed to stop working

If they are 5x120 and the center bore is ok and it should be if they came off an E28, then they are no problem. The tires are too small however. That size is perfect for E24 or E28 but too small for E34. They are likely originally from an M5 or M6.

The ET 11 will push the front tires out toward the wheel well edges a bit and the rears a bit inward a bit. I don't see a fitment problem however. You'll have to research to find the best tire size for those staggered wheels.
    Mike Holbrook
    Meridian, Idaho
    1992 535im, 17", Euro M5 Throwing Stars 8's & 9's, FK-451 235/45s & 255/40s, M5 Sway Bars 25/20, Conforti chip, Lowes Ram Air, glass sunroof

Thanks for the info, Mike.

A while back I installed your "Lowes airbox modification". Worked just as you said, and you get a nice intake roar under full acceleration. Seems like a little more power also, but it could be the illusion of power.

Suede

Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    Hello,

A set of staggered BBS Mahle 16" wheels fell into my lap and I'm trying to figure out what they fit and what to do with them.

The fronts are 16x7 et11, with 205/55/16 tires.

The rears are 16x8 et24, with 225/50/16 tires.

They look just like the basketweaves on my 1990 535, except they are open lug, and there is a small BBS centercap.

The bolt pattern looks to be 5 x 120.

I was hoping they might fit my 535, but it seems the offset is wrong.

Are they from a E28 ? What is the style number or BBS code?

Anybody interested in these? Wheels appear to be straight, just a little curb rash. Tires are no good. I'm in Los Angeles.

Thanks,

Suede
    I know this is a long shot, but any chance these wheels are still for sale? I just destroyed one and can not find a replacement...
    Thanks

last activity was November 2006, long shot but maybe send him an email is chat message if he has it. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by 79Euro View Post
    I know this is a long shot, but any chance these wheels are still for sale? I just destroyed one and can not find a replacement...
    Thanks
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy