GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Rough running and 1215 code?

Bimminator Guest

Default Rough running and 1215 code?

Hi all,

I have been away so to speak for the last year as I have been pre-occupied with school (just completed my B.A. of Ed.) Now that I am a free man again and also earning an income again I am tackling all the issues that have come up over the past year with the E-34. Rust mainly, but this winter I had a few days where the car started really hard and would barely maintain idle and would stall if I put it in gear and apply gas. A coulple of times it would move but it would cough and choke and sputter and crawl along as though it was in limp mode until it got to operating temperature and then it would suddenly come to life and all would be normal for a while. Now the check engine light did come on and the stomp test revealed the 1215 code which indicates the airflow meter. Is it likely that I need to replace this or should I try taking it apart and cleaning it like I have seen posted here a few times? I am also highly suspect of my O2 sensor as the car has been running pretty shitty for over a year now and I am getting pretty shitty gas mileage, maybe 500 (ish) kilom. per tank. Spark plugs and air filter were new last fall and I haven't been able to find any vaccum leaks with throttle body cleaner trick.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as always,

Thanks, Shawn
    Last edited by Bimminator; 07-20-2006 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Spelling error

id try cleaning it first, you may save a few bucks
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Bimminator Guest

Default Thanks for the response Winfred

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    id try cleaning it first, you may save a few bucks
    I definately was going to clean it first to see what happens. Also I have had the car now for a little over three years and am not sure how old the O2 sensor is so I may replace that too as it will be less expensive than replacing the AFM or the ICV which I also am not sure of its age.

Thanks Shawn

Do the O2. My mechanic who I trust always says if you don't know the last time you changed them then do it.