GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT, on the big screen tv thread, thanks for all

Default OT, on the big screen tv thread, thanks for all

the opinions. I ended up getting a 60" sony grand wega V lcd rear projection.
    After looking at all the others and comparing them endlessly.. and deciding that the 550 watts that the 50 plasma consumed was too much of a room heater for here. I liked the sony picture and clarity better than all the others i looked at. Its on sale at sam's club with the sony stand for 2299 right now. And sams has now started copying costco's 100% satisfaction policy, if your not happy with it for any reason bring it back for a full refund. On the other hand anybody that really likes the vizio 50 inch plasma , sams had them for 1499 right now. 500 less than costco.

Good for you Bill !

Only problem - the World Cup's already over !

There's always 2010.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

And then there's alway 2010, digatally remastered in true 16x9 on DVD! Enjoy your new tube, Bill.

P.S. You know, Fire Fly was filmed entirely in HD. I think that the whole series (13 great episodes) is like 30 bucks or something--and Serenity is availible on HDDVD. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    the opinions. I ended up getting a 60" sony grand wega V lcd rear projection.
    After looking at all the others and comparing them endlessly.. and deciding that the 550 watts that the 50 plasma consumed was too much of a room heater for here. I liked the sony picture and clarity better than all the others i looked at. Its on sale at sam's club with the sony stand for 2299 right now. And sams has now started copying costco's 100% satisfaction policy, if your not happy with it for any reason bring it back for a full refund. On the other hand anybody that really likes the vizio 50 inch plasma , sams had them for 1499 right now. 500 less than costco.
    What's the resolution on that bad boy? Buy a few superbit movies and let us know how they look on your new tv.

Michael
    Mustbr8kfree
    1995 525i, Shadowline,EAT chip, Alpine

didn't know FF was filmed in hd and i have the dvd set, love that show

Quote Originally Posted by HDhandyman
    P.S. You know, Fire Fly was filmed entirely in HD. I think that the whole series (13 great episodes) is like 30 bucks or something--and Serenity is availible on HDDVD. Just a thought.

Cheers,
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it