GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Driver side front window issue

Default Driver side front window issue

The drivers side door metal weakened where the door stay that keeps door open. In fact the metal gave way and the door stay bent the window track. Is that called the window regulator? Anyway, I need to replace that so the window will go up and down properly. Have any of you out there performed that repair. If so I would appreciate any tips that you might have. Also I have a passenger's side twisted seat issue. How long does that take and how difficult a job is it. I have performed numerous repairs on my 1992 BMW 525i and I guess I will be doing some more.

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

I just did a repair on my drivers door (92 525i). the metal was ripped up pretty bad,,,I bought a repair plate from..http://www.koalamotorsport.com/parts-home.asp it worked.....I may need to tack weld a bead around it ,because it still flexs when the door opens....but definitely better.

Not to be rude Gayle, but check Al's user #... 323. Yours is 2919 something... he's been here for a while and probably knows about the search

Al even has author credits on Bruno's site for the guibo / center bearing install.

Al - If I understand your post, it's the door brake problem that seems to happen quite often. Koala Motorsport sells a repair piece, see

http://www.koalamotorsport.com/parts-home.asp

HTH

- Robin
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

Default Ok, i give up, whats the user# and where do i see it

I'm not even aware of this function. Not to take away from Al's post..

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-535im
    Not to be rude Gayle, but check Al's user #... 323. Yours is 2919 something... he's been here for a while and probably knows about the search

Al even has author credits on Bruno's site for the guibo / center bearing install.

Al - If I understand your post, it's the door brake problem that seems to happen quite often. Koala Motorsport sells a repair piece, see

http://www.koalamotorsport.com/parts-home.asp

HTH

- Robin

Default Al , thats not the window regulator, the regulator is the

gear looking thing that moves the window up and down. You'll need to probably weld up the door where it cracked out and then use one of Koalamotorsports door reinforcements to stiffen the whole thing up. Usually you can straighten the window track itself and get it to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gray
    The drivers side door metal weakened where the door stay that keeps door open. In fact the metal gave way and the door stay bent the window track. Is that called the window regulator? Anyway, I need to replace that so the window will go up and down properly. Have any of you out there performed that repair. If so I would appreciate any tips that you might have. Also I have a passenger's side twisted seat issue. How long does that take and how difficult a job is it. I have performed numerous repairs on my 1992 BMW 525i and I guess I will be doing some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    I'm not even aware of this function. Not to take away from Al's post..
    If you hover over someone's name on the main page (where it shows all the people currently logged in) the status bar on the bottom of the browser shows you the person's#... You're 110 (ha! I'm 101 ), Brandon J. is 21, etc. You can also see it if you click the person's name atop a post and hover over one of the links (e.g., View Profile, Send a Message, etc.) it again shows up in the status bar at the bottom of the browser. Useless forum trivia...
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

- Robin
    If Al has been here a while, he should know that the seat issue has been addressed repeated and that the ususal response to that question is "search the archives". He should also know that a lot of the people here who are the major contributors (I do not count myself in that group) have said they won't help people anymore who don't show evidence of having done a search before asking. The huge influx of newbies has taxed the limits of the knowledgeble. There as been a lot of complaining on this board in the last year about people not doing a search before asking. It is important enough that Jeff's do a search thread is one of the instruction threads at the beginning of the forum.

So yes. My post was rude. Al's post was rude. And yours?
    Last edited by Gayle; 07-15-2006 at 08:14 AM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    So yes. My post was rude. Al's post was rude. And yours?
    I didn't think Al's post was rude, just misunderstood. Mine couldn't have been rude, I used a smiley face. Smilefaces make you immune to being rude. . see?

Mine was more... smart-ass and boastful. Suits me better than being rude.

- Robin

BTW - did you all know you can only put 4 smiley faces in a post? They're considered images apparently...
    Robin

72 Chevy K10
    01 E39 M5

I didn't think Al's post was rude, just misunderstood. Mine couldn't have been rude, I used a smiley face. Smilefaces make you immune to being rude. . see?

Mine was more... smart-ass and boastful. Suits me better than being rude.

- Robin

BTW - did you all know you can only put 4 smiley faces in a post? They're considered images apparently...

Yes. I knew that. Once I tried giving Scott four smilies when he was in his asshat phase and I ran up against that limit. My original post was meant in a smart ass tone but that often gets taken for rude. And even though you don't consider Al's post rude, I do consider it rude to ask without doing a search first. And now that I know you are a fellow smart ass, I will consider you one of my peeps.