GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wet road + 1st gear stupidity = wtf

Default wet road + 1st gear stupidity = wtf

I had another trade mark insane power oversteer incident on a damp road today, i am starting to wonder how this is possible in a m50 with 235s on the back. i was doing a right turn after seeing a 200sx and thought about turning quickly might have squeezed the throttle a bit more than usual, i must admit its a very strange feeling feeling the back step out at about walking pace must have looked quite odd in the 200sx's rear view mirror as she bit back quite hard when i countersteered.
    oh well thats my automotive valium for the next 2 months i've been driving too much late at night in the city. and when you have the road to yourself its easy to get evil ideas.

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    I had another trade mark insane power oversteer incident on a damp road today, i am starting to wonder how this is possible in a m50 with 235s on the back. i was doing a right turn after seeing a 200sx and thought about turning quickly might have squeezed the throttle a bit more than usual, i must admit its a very strange feeling feeling the back step out at about walking pace must have looked quite odd in the 200sx's rear view mirror as she bit back quite hard when i countersteered.
    oh well thats my automotive valium for the next 2 months i've been driving too much late at night in the city. and when you have the road to yourself its easy to get evil ideas.
    I take it it wasn't wet... perhaps the road was oily at the point where she 'wooped out' (hence the hard backbite...)

Or maybe you are suffering denial or amnesia (ie forgot your foot hit the floor when you saw the possibility of some competiton)...

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Oh yeah. Power over is quite easy in our cars. Makes it fun when no one is around...
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I have found that power oversteer in my car is easy but predicatble. The car feels balanced and poised and in control even when oversteering.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

What kind of tires are you running? My worn out Michelins don't step out like that unless try.

Your need new tires. When my tire are nearly bald and cheap... it slid like .

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Your need new tires. When my tire are nearly bald and cheap... it slid like .
    +1 i slid into a rock wall. bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I have found that power oversteer in my car is easy but predicatble. The car feels balanced and poised and in control even when oversteering.
    I agree, the power oversteer in my car is very predictable and very easily balanced on the throttle. My car has Yokohama V102 265's on the rear. 300+ hp + LSD makes for great power slides :-)

Regards

John

Pics of my E34 M5 -> http://www.jrobbo.com/M5

my 535 with lsd and half worn 235 tyres is actually quite hard to break loose...
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    I take it it wasn't wet... perhaps the road was oily at the point where she 'wooped out' (hence the hard backbite...)

Or maybe you are suffering denial or amnesia (ie forgot your foot hit the floor when you saw the possibility of some competiton)...
    it was a bit wet, but it wasn't raining you know the point where the road is dry where the cars have been driving but not completely dry.
    the foot didn't goto the floor it must be my chinese rice tyres on the rear.
    anyway they are soon to be going to the chinese tyre factory in the sky. I am going to replace the subframe bushes as well.

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast