GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys keep track of your service records, especially if you have multiple c

Default How do you guys keep track of your service records, especially if you have multiple c

How do you guys keep track of your service records, especially if you have multiple cars?

I have somehow managed to be pretty much responsible for the maintenance and repair for all of the cars in my family over the last few years. It started with me doing just my E34 and my mothers Jeep, then it branched out to:

My E34
    My mothers 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    My Volvo 240
    My Father's 01 Eclipse GT
    My Father's 98 Honda Accord
    My Sister's 05 Stratus
    My Girlfriend's 98 Camry
    My e46 330Ci
    And Sometimes I help with:
    My girlfriend's mother's 96 Maxima
    My girlfriend's fathers 89 Previa
    My Uncle's 90 Lexus LS400.

Now, I don't do all of the maintenance myself. I mostly just do diagnosis, grabbing engine codes and replacing sensors, brakes, throttle body cleanings, things like that, and I outsource things like oil changes, tire rotations, timing belts, stuff like that, but I basically see it all.

I've tried keeping written logs in the car, but they keep getting lost, or I don't have time to go update them. I can keep reciepts from when I send a car in someplace, but that doesn't help for when I do the service and just buy the parts.

I've tried keeping excel sheets, I have to put so much effort into lining up columns to keep all the parts/labor/fluids costs separate.

Basically, after this long ass post, I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to where I could find some commercial customer auto records software. I'm looking for something where I can just pull up the car, put in when I did the oil change, the mileage, and the parts I used and save it so I can go back later and look at it. Overall statistics isn't necessary, but would be cool.

Any ideas for the software, or ideas to organize this better?
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Default Not to split hairs or anything but you need to change your

girlfriends fathers records, there was no 89 previa, it was introduced in 90 as a 91 model. A longtime previa owner.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDombrowski
    How do you guys keep track of your service records, especially if you have multiple cars?

I have somehow managed to be pretty much responsible for the maintenance and repair for all of the cars in my family over the last few years. It started with me doing just my E34 and my mothers Jeep, then it branched out to:

My E34
    My mothers 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    My Volvo 240
    My Father's 01 Eclipse GT
    My Father's 98 Honda Accord
    My Sister's 05 Stratus
    My Girlfriend's 98 Camry
    My e46 330Ci
    And Sometimes I help with:
    My girlfriend's mother's 96 Maxima
    My girlfriend's fathers 89 Previa
    My Uncle's 90 Lexus LS400.

Now, I don't do all of the maintenance myself. I mostly just do diagnosis, grabbing engine codes and replacing sensors, brakes, throttle body cleanings, things like that, and I outsource things like oil changes, tire rotations, timing belts, stuff like that, but I basically see it all.

I've tried keeping written logs in the car, but they keep getting lost, or I don't have time to go update them. I can keep reciepts from when I send a car in someplace, but that doesn't help for when I do the service and just buy the parts.

I've tried keeping excel sheets, I have to put so much effort into lining up columns to keep all the parts/labor/fluids costs separate.

Basically, after this long ass post, I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to where I could find some commercial customer auto records software. I'm looking for something where I can just pull up the car, put in when I did the oil change, the mileage, and the parts I used and save it so I can go back later and look at it. Overall statistics isn't necessary, but would be cool.

Any ideas for the software, or ideas to organize this better?

Default I don't use any auto records software, I just use quickbooks and

store it by the customers name. I pull up the records for an individual customer if i need to look something up. Quickbooks puts the date on an invoice anyway and i type the mileage into the owners name box along with their name and vehicle model.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    girlfriends fathers records, there was no 89 previa, it was introduced in 90 as a 91 model. A longtime previa owner.

seemed like popular mechanics or popular science had something a few years ago. Also, there is a lot of freeware out there that professes to track vehicle records. One example http://www.download.com/Vehicle-3000...ml?tag=lst-0-9
    Me. I just use seperate Excel spreadsheets for each car. works fine for two cars.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

I have a great excel chart that all you have to do is fill in the blanks I got from here a long time ago... shoot me an email and I well send it to you unless you tell me how to make it an attachment

He said it was an 89 or 90. Heck if I can tell

My girlfriend thought I was when I started to remove the passenger seat to replace the valve cover gasket

Thanks! I'll send you an email when I get off from work.

Default For any of you wanting that xls spreadsheet it was done by our

own BillB a couple of years back, here it is since i save everything...

Quote Originally Posted by DanDombrowski
    Thanks! I'll send you an email when I get off from work.

Default Here's a low-tech method

Use a china marker to write down the date/mileage of fluid/filter changes on the air intake box or radiator shroud. Not pretty, but you see where you stand every time you open the hood.

Default You might be using my original...check the properties on it

Quote Originally Posted by califblue
    I have a great excel chart that all you have to do is fill in the blanks I got from here a long time ago... shoot me an email and I well send it to you unless you tell me how to make it an attachment
    ...and let me know if it was created by Brian Winstead...I was using his computer when I created it, six years ago.

Bill B.
    95 525i

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast